Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2019/20 Premier League VAR decisions

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Crap VAR decision, WHU v MC, not offside when he received the ball.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
First "goal" disallowed - Sterling's armpit infringing, or something.

[tweet]1160169606306258944[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think some folks liking of VAR will be directly proportionate to the decisions that go their way.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, but it changed the momentum of the match and gave the West Ham fans something to rally around. It won't last but it was interesting.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd be seriously pissed off if we had that ruled out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crap VAR decision, WHU v MC, not offside when he received the ball.

His hand was when he received the ball but I agree crap decision the rule should be changed to the part that he can score with not his hand., Incidentally in the press this week Mark Clattenberg was giving his opinion on the officials and he reckons that Mike Dean is the 2nd best only behind Michael Oliver in The Premier League.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Incidentally in the press this week Mark Clattenberg was giving his opinion on the officials and he reckons that Mike Dean is the 2nd best only behind Michael Oliver in The Premier League.

Tells you all you need to know about what a bunch of non entities they are.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Is there any football fan anywhere that thinks VAR , used like that, has improved the game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
His hand was when he received the ball but I agree crap decision the rule should be changed to the part that he can score with not his hand., Incidentally in the press this week Mark Clattenberg was giving his opinion on the officials and he reckons that Mike Dean is the 2nd best only behind Michael Oliver in The Premier League.

it was his armpit, not hand that was off side. Interesting that it was a big 6 side that had the first VAR against them, that is encouraging if nothing else. As long as its consistent then its all good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was just about to post a single season-long official VAR thread, along with a POLL.

However, there are already two VAR threads out there just today. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] do you want me to merge them and add the poll or leave as they are?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ultimately it comes down to what a shadowy figure in VAR Towers believes to constitute the armpit. And what's with that angle? Most PL games last season had in-line views of the last-but-one defender. Farce.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The end as a live spectator sport......but fxxk them, it is all about the armchair fan. :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
it was his armpit, not hand that was off side. Interesting that it was a big 6 side that had the first VAR against them, that is encouraging if nothing else. As long as its consistent then its all good.

What is good about that? Bloody awful decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here