Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR v Watford

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ironic and unfortunate that the PL video the club have kindly put on the website about VAR ends with a clip of Albion fans celebrating...with Chris Hughton in the fore :eek:

The Chris is dead. Long live the Graham!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
This thread is moving at about a post per hour. Hopefully it won't be a post per second at Full Time.

That’s because NSC are trialing every post going to VAR for clarification.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Less likely for VAR with Bruno not defending corners although still slightly dodgy for Dunky.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Today we've got Pawson in the middle and Bobby Madeley leading the VAR team. It's going to be a case of the blind leading the blind at Vicarage Road.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
as an aside, it was annoying during the West Ham v City match when the goal was ruled out for offside by millimetres and Carragher stated it was VAR doing what it was supposed to. I thought it was to resolve any clear and obvious mistakes, not microanalyse every single decision taken on the pitch.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
as an aside, it was annoying during the West Ham v City match when the goal was ruled out for offside by millimetres and Carragher stated it was VAR doing what it was supposed to. I thought it was to resolve any clear and obvious mistakes, not microanalyse every single decision taken on the pitch.
Offside will always come under clear and obvious because you are either onside or offside there is nothing open to interpretation.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Replay showing the ball hit Murray's arm which was slightly away from his body.

"You see them given (via VAR)"

I think if there is one saving grace with VAR. it's that our referees are going to interpret decisions more sensibly than we have seen in the women's World Cup and champions league final.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here