Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Am I the only one not surprised first game of the season against a very good side he’s put faith to kick off the season in those who were here when he arrived?

It’s good management - you don’t just ditch the core of the side and lose that spirit by ditching players for a player he’s been at the club less than a week. Sure the selections will evolve quite quickly, but almost a predictable start for me.

I just had a glance through today’s line ups for of the teams kicking off at 3 and it’s far from only us putting our new signings on the bench. Seems common practice. I do hope we get some subs on nice and early and put more pace onto the pitch for the last half hour.

D

Deleted member 2719

Potter has to be showing his existing players respect, he wants competition and now he should have it with that bench, he has got them fit and they have learnt the system, it's up to 'the originals' to grab the shirt and show us what they really have in the tank.

Also, the new boys will need to see what he wants from them.

Can't wait.

I disagree I think he has started with the guys with Premier League experience and he will dip his toe in with others if needed.

It's not to say they are not ready it just makes sense.

Am I the only one not surprised first game of the season against a very good side he’s put faith to kick off the season in those who were here when he arrived?

It’s good management - you don’t just ditch the core of the side and lose that spirit by ditching players for a player he’s been at the club less than a week. Sure the selections will evolve quite quickly, but almost a predictable start for me.

No No you're not!

You may not have any idea when we are talking politics but when it comes to football I think your there or thereabouts!

:thumbsup:

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Oooo :flounce:
Er, what? I guess you don't know what that means.
How much we paid for him is irrelevant. What is relevant is how much other teams were prepared to offer for him, and I guess that wasn't enough. It's a long season and other wingers will be suspended and injured, so he could well be needed.

Same and I'm sure we will.

No use. Good luck chap.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bollox no stream. Hesgoal showing another game

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Best of luck to the good guys.... happy new season everyone. I for one am very optimistic for us to do well.
UP THE ALBION!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
In fairness, a lot of starting elevens up and down the league look similar to last season. It's not that unusual. Evolution. Not revolution.

D

Deleted member 2719

Right, but that would be picking players with experience because he thinks it will work, not picking them to show them respect.

Well, he feels they will probably keep the ball better in the Premier.

You're just being picky Trig first game of the season lets go with him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Reddit not working

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s good management - you don’t just ditch the core of the side and lose that spirit by ditching players for a player he’s been at the club less than a week.
Changing the entire team would have been ditching the core, but bringing in 1 new player wouldn't have been. And Trossard hasn't been here less than a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here