Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Sorry to be that bloke, but I would like to make ONE negative comment.

Murray... I know he offers something different, but it's looking like more of the same from next season.

Not convinced he's good enough anymore. Surely has to be our third choice striker, right?

It would be sad if so but frankly we cannot rely on Murray forever, we've been desperately needing a younger forward for years now, hopefully the addition of Maupay has finally brought that desperation to an end.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Result aside, it was a performance which I wanted to see. The players showed they are keen to take on Potterball and Watford didn't have an answer to it! What was obvious was that Watford didn't play well but I think part of that was due to how we stopped them playing with our pressing.

Special mentions to Burns, Stephens, Propper and Montoya. They pressed superbly and laid the foundations for our attacking play in the first half. Kudos to Potter to throwing on two strikers instead of sitting on the a 1-0 lead (that's not a dig at Hughton as I should imagine most Managers would try and defend that). He wanted to be brave and he wanted his team to be brave, boy did we see that today!

I remember we won 3-1 away to Burnley on opening day before and we ended up being relegated so let's take one game at a time, however the signs are good and each week this squad will get better and better. No one can expect to keep their place in the side as there appears to be so much competition, Webster will be inching to get on, Trossard, Mooy and Ali J will be desperate to be apart of this as well.

Really looking forward to the West Ham game now!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am delighted Brighton won the game - and all Brighton fans should have a few scoops tonight - but let's have a sense of realism - its one game and Watford were brutal.

Watford were a shambles at the back for the OG - a Watford defender gave the ball away, the Watford players were slow to react, Stephens over-hit the cross which should have been knocked out of play when a Watford defender headed it back to Gross - whose cross was going out through the penalty area before being bundled into the Watford goal by the defender. For the second goal Watford should have cleared their lines but the defender headed the ball straight to Montoya, and three defenders backed away from Propper allowing him to cross the ball. Andone made a run to the near post and no Watford defender went with him. For the third goal Dunk was allowed to waltz into midfield and nobody went near him, there was a gap the size of the grand canyon through the Watford defence that Dunk put the pass through and Maupay didn't have anyone within 20 yards of him - Maupay took the goal very well, but Dunk should never have been allowed play that ball.

Brighton deserved to win this game - but the 3 goals were complements of very poor Watford defending more than anything else and Watford were very poor. And on another day, that penalty claim could have gone the other way - a successful penalty would have changed the entire dynamic of the game - Watford were putting Brighton under a lot of pressure at the time.

You can only win the game that's put in front of you. How many games did we lose when the other team also played badly. Making excuses for a win is worse than making excuses for a loss. If you can't enjoy this without criticism you are supporting the wrong team because Brighton will never be perfect.

And that's why we love Brighton.

He's not a Brighton fan, he's our resident Irish Hughton cheerleader. Looks like quite a few people still can't let it go despite a new start to the season and an overhaul to the squad.

He's right about a few scoops coming up though :drink: :ascarf:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's a lovely photo and we had a wonderful day, but please ask me before you post pictures of us online.

Better?

girls.jpg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Fantastic interview with NP on BBC Sussex, 22 years old, taught himself English, fluent at it, what a guy, Florin’s interview also excellent as was Dale’s. We really do have a set of articulate, level-headed, mature and insightful players on the whole. Great days ahead.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You can only win the game that's put in front of you. How many games did we lose when the other team also played badly. Making excuses for a win is worse than making excuses for a loss. If you can't enjoy this without criticism you are supporting the wrong team because Brighton will never be perfect.

And that's why we love Brighton.

He doesn't support Brighton, he supports Chris Hughton. A complete nause who would rather be proved right than enjoy our clubs success, sadly not the only one on here.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Fantastic interview with NP on BBC Sussex, 22 years old, taught himself English, fluent at it, what a guy, Florin’s interview also excellent as was Dale’s. We really do have a set of articulate, level-headed, mature and insightful players on the whole. Great days ahead.

I take it you meant NM?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Classic commentary from the brilliant Cantor on the last two goals. So pleased that we have him following the Albion.
I watched the stream, then went back and watched all the comments on SSN. Haven't heard radio Sussex yet, so that's more to look forward to :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh FFS give it a rest - f*kcin' boring shite. We're having a great day, and should be enjoying every minute of it. Yet all some people seem interested in is having a pop at probably the best manager we ever had, who got us from the brink of League 1 to the PL in the first place.

Great post. Hughton did exactly what Bloom asked of him. He is a legend. We are now in a different phase.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sorry to be that bloke, but I would like to make ONE negative comment.

Murray... I know he offers something different, but it's looking like more of the same from next season.

Not convinced he's good enough anymore. Surely has to be our third choice striker, right?

There was one through ball in first half that Muzza didnt get, if Maupay, Andone or Locadia, I guess they would've latched onto it.
No way am I criticising Muzza, it's just lack of pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here