Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whose excited and nervous ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As I approach my 53rd season supporting this club I’m still as nervous ( and excited) as I was all those years ago. If we win I’ll be out in Shoreham for a few pints and a curry and if we lose I’ll go to bed before match of the day starts. I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ? All the hurt goes away when you get THAT result and no drug makes you feel that good as a late winner.

Oh well here we go again.

UTA

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely all over this. A few months since the 50th anniversary of my first home game. The start of this season beats the start of every previous. Come on! Get in. Other cliches. (Shakes tiny fist in futile defiance of the inevitable: relegation and death).

:lolol:

No, I am massively up for this. Positively tumescent.

Herr Ing Gull

Sep 3, 2014
As I approach my 53rd season supporting this club I’m still as nervous ( and excited) as I was all those years ago. If we win I’ll be out in Shoreham for a few pints and a curry and if we lose I’ll go to bed before match of the day starts. I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ? All the hurt goes away when you get THAT result and no drug makes you feel that good as a late winner.

Oh well here we go again.

UTA
JCL

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I sometimes wonder why I put myself through it after a particularly bad result or spell and then when we get a result or put a run together, I realise that there's nothing better. :albion2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we draw do you eat a curry in bed?

No only home points do I make the bed uncomfortable with popodom crumbs. Away draws I still go for it but I don’t have lime pickle.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not bothered by the whole season TBH
Worse case scenario get relegated and have a very strong team in Championship

It's no longer a fair playing field
And never will be again

So let's win the bloody FA Cup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think I am excited AND nervous.... probably more nervous in fact, mind you, that's my default position regarding the Albion, and Sussex and England Cricket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No only home points do I make the bed uncomfortable with popodom crumbs. Away draws I still go for it but I don’t have lime pickle.

Ah..... did I give you a jar of my Lime Pickle ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More nervous than normal. Just really want Potter to get off to a decent start - even if we don't get a point, then a good performance.

Early season matches are a bit of a lottery usually - hope our ticket gets drawn out.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Relaxed. I have no idea if we’ll succeed or be relegated, but I don’t feel at all anxious with 114 points to play for.

I expect a defeat at Watford (they have vital home advantage and an outstanding, settled first team), followed by some good Albion results in the coming weeks and months.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Not bothered by the whole season TBH
Worse case scenario get relegated and have a very strong team in Championship

It's no longer a fair playing field
And never will be again

So let's win the bloody FA Cup

I hope that the new supporters (Amex) do not expect us to be in the top eight of our league,we have made some interesting signings which hopefully will give us a mid-table position, looking forward to some attacking entertaining football at home and field a very defensive side for away matches

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Relaxed. I have no idea if we’ll succeed or be relegated, but I don’t feel at all anxious with 114 points to play for.

I expect a defeat at Watford (they have vital home advantage and an outstanding, settled first team), followed by some good Albion results in the coming weeks and months.

This for me too. I just hope that the vast majority of pundit predictions are rammed so far up their pumpers that they choke on their own gristle!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ah..... did I give you a jar of my Lime Pickle ?

You certainly did and it inspired me to make a batch. When my new asbestos gloves come through from Amazon I’m back on it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I fully expect us to finish in the top eight this season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's always difficult for me to explain to someone (well my wife) why exactly I expend quite so much emotional energy (and money) on a small group of people who i'll never meet and have little in common with, kicking a ball around. It utterly defies logic

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm actually feeling quite calm. It's just been over 10 years since 'the great escape' from relegation to league 2 and shortly after Tony Bloom became the owner of the club. Isn't it bloody incredible what 10 years has given us? If you told me back then that I'd be watching Brighton beat Manchester United under Jose Mourinho, or that I'd see Brighton play Manchester City at Wembley in the FA cup semi final, I would have called you a madman. It's just been a bloody incredible experience. 2 tough seasons in the EPL, but every new season is testament to a club that is building its confidence. Long may it continue!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here