Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whose excited and nervous ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm actually feeling quite calm. It's just been over 10 years since 'the great escape' from relegation to league 2 and shortly after Tony Bloom became the owner of the club. Isn't it bloody incredible what 10 years has given us? If you told me back then that I'd be watching Brighton beat Manchester United under Jose Mourinho, or that I'd see Brighton play Manchester City at Wembley in the FA cup semi final, I would have called you a madman. It's just been a bloody incredible experience. 2 tough seasons in the EPL, but every new season is testament to a club that is building its confidence. Long may it continue!

This.

Re tomorrow, I’m excited but relaxed. I am struggling to see how it’ll be worse than last year up there.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ll be fine right up until kick off! Then I’ll be a nervous wreck again.

I just want a good performance. Last season’s opener we were just off the pace, and I want us to take the game to them a bit more.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Not bothered by the whole season TBH
Worse case scenario get relegated and have a very strong team in Championship

It's no longer a fair playing field
And never will be again

So let's win the bloody FA Cup

When was it ever fair though? And the Championship is even less fair - parachute payment clubs vs everyone else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excitedly intrigued.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am so excited, over 40 years a fan and experienced every emotion from delight to despair. This is the best of times, the very best of times and I will enjoy it to the full hopefully we will shine and wipe away the disappointment of last season’s dire showing. Our last week in Brighton before heading back to Abu Dhabi but t least I get to watch every game in the comfort of my lounge UTA

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
50s,60s,70s,80s,early 90s,

TV money has killed football as a sport

I'd agree with the 50s and 60s as that was due to maximum wage. Since then it has been the domain of the big clubs only with very few exceptions. Liverpool dominated 70s and 80s, Man Utd the 90s and 00s. Notable exceptions, Blackburn (because they threw money at it) and Leicester. In the 70s Clough pulled it off with Derby and Forest and Everton won in the 80s but at the time they were probably one of the big 6 before the resurgence of Chelsea. Oh, and Villa.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not bothered by the whole season TBH
Worse case scenario get relegated and have a very strong team in Championship

It's no longer a fair playing field
And never will be again

So let's win the bloody FA Cup

Was it really a lot different between 1979-1983?

Apart from 1 season with a respectable mid table finish, it was all about just avoiding relegation until the Cup run helped that to happen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not excited or nervous. First game of the season, even back in the day they never showed a league table until three were played. Will start getting there around December. Right now I'll be pissed if we lose and happy if we win and see what position we may be jostling for. Two seasons ago do you remember LLLLLLL up the road? To early to get the emotions ramped up just now, but every game is a winner!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As I approach my 53rd season supporting this club I’m still as nervous ( and excited) as I was all those years ago. If we win I’ll be out in Shoreham for a few pints and a curry and if we lose I’ll go to bed before match of the day starts. I wish sometimes I could be cured....... but there is no cure is there ? All the hurt goes away when you get THAT result and no drug makes you feel that good as a late winner.

Oh well here we go again.

UTA

Just keep the noise down when we win

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm excitedly bricking it tbh.

I have faith, but football is, well, football.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The 1st season in the Premier league was more exciting IMO. Familiarity breeds contempt as the saying goes, but i'm quite looking forward to see how this new style of playing pans out throughout the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was it really a lot different between 1979-1983?

Apart from 1 season with a respectable mid table finish, it was all about just avoiding relegation until the Cup run helped that to happen.

This. I lost interest in that period hugely, partly because of going out clubbing and to gigs with mates, which was far more interesting than watching the likes of Arsenal beat us with ease. Even if the faux ‘good old days’, we were paupers compared to many other clubs, there was a hierarchy.

The Taylor/Mullery years 76 to 79 were 10x more interesting. Wins, promotions, Ward, often huge swaying crowds packed into the Goldstone (including the extra thousands that beat the taxman).

Last edited:

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Excited... check.
Nervous... check.
In my 42 years of supporting this outfit, I have never been so uncertain to how we’ll perform. Could be wonderful, could be dreadful. Probably both.
Cognitive dissonance a-go-go.
Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Really looking forward to tomorrow and the season. Have a feeling that we will be the surprise team this year. Just looking forward to walking up to the away teams stadium with a little hope in my heart. Loved CH but never had any belief that we may have an attack in an away game in the last couple of years let alone win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here