Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Norwich on Sky 1

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Rather lose 1 or 2 nil to the top six away than the thrashing that waits for every team lower half team. Goal difference once again is essential for us

Not really because I think the head to head rule comes in this season, but I still agree.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems to me the key to ‘having a go’ is whether the players have the mentality to cope with a few beatings. Even the best players can pretty soon forget how to pass a ball in a straight line once their confidence is shot. Somehow Bournemouth seem to cope and always bounce back. That’s where Hughton’s approach of trying to always be in contention did work so well for morale. Easier to dismiss defeats.

Still, VAR is destined to take all the attention away from Norwich... so they’ve got lucky there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another absolute joke of a VAR issue. Game delayed due to VAR technical difficulties. Good job the Norwich fans already couldn’t get home by train tonight :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Watching the Liverpool v Norwich game if the first half is anything to go by free expansive style of football at 4-0 it looks very expensive I hope our style is a little more successful tomorrow

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well this is working....****ing billions in the game and they can’t get a headset working.:ffsparr:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you mean in a 3:4:3 then that would require the two wide forwards to drop back to fill the midfielders' places, so effectively 5:4:1
hopefully (at this level :))

I mean the RWB and LWB (Bernardo and March?), not ploughing forward when up against the top 6, especially away. Defending the number one priority for them.

Is that the same thinking as you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be tough to sign 'we are top of the league' tomorrow afternoon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know it’s Liverpool, and they are very strong going forward. But every PL team must be looking at that and thinking, ‘we can score against this, as long as we keep it tight at the back’. And the transfer window is closed, so it’s not like they can go out on Monday and buy a couple of experienced journeymen

TAA hasn’t learnt to defend yet, so Norwich and everyone else (PL and CL) always overload that side, it’s so obvious.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Perhaps Norwich have some stage fright!? Fact remains however its what they (and us) do against teams below 6th place that really counts because all those teams will mostly lose/draw against top 6. We need 14 wins by xmas please!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought lino’s were supposed to keep flag down if any doubt and then it can be reviewed after if a goal results. Norwich have been flagged offside twice this game for at best marginal decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Norwich last game of season is vs Man City.. perhaps they are doomed and that’s why they spent next to zero!?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought lino’s were supposed to keep flag down if any doubt and then it can be reviewed after if a goal results. Norwich have been flagged offside twice this game for at best marginal decisions.

Wouldn’t that mean that flags were almost redundant?

Instead, I thought that now, the ref waves play on in a marginal call, then if the ball ends up in the net, VAR reviews.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

That’s in UEFA competitions. In the PL, they will still flag. Players have been told to ignore it and play to the whistle.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wouldn’t that mean that flags were almost redundant?

Instead, I thought that now, the ref waves play on in a marginal call, then if the ball ends up in the net, VAR reviews.

They are pretty good at flagging throws, although get that wrong quite regularly too. Also those linesman whatever they're called, behind the goals, are they still used? That really is a job for the boys, never seen a decision made, they even took the flag off their pole!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Gary Neville:

"Norwich have played so well"

:ffsparr:

This whole thing where the media and 'football Twitter' gang up on teams that do what they have to do to try and grind out a result against teams like Liverpool and City but big up the sides that roll over and lube up for the big boys is just ridiculous.

To be fair he did also say he would rather be hated (v defensive) than felt sorry for (rogered like a £5 whore) as a team in games like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here