Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help! Changing File Attributes of a Word Document

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm trying to change some file attributes of a word document.

I can change the date modified and date created no problem but this leaves a date last saved of when i changed those attributes shown under the Properties/Details tab. So now I need to change that.

So I now specifically want to change the "Date Last Save" which is shown in the Properties - Details Tab.

The programmes i've tried so far are:

Bulkfile changer: can't do it

Attribute Changer : can't do it

MS Word Document File Properties Changer: This one can do it but it then gives a ridiculously long editing time of 33:30 hours even if I retype the original in it keeps automatically changing to 33:30 every time I click save. It also gives a ridiculously long number of revisions of 2010 which keeps automatically reverting to that every time I change it.

So I basically just need to be able to change the "date last saved" to a back date of my choice without it affecting the other info.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or why not try not attempting to commit some sort of fraudulent act, innit? ???

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Or why not try not attempting to commit some sort of fraudulent act, innit? ???

It's nothing to do with fraud I just want to do some minor tweaking to an old document but keep all the date attributes of the original document after the minor tweaking has been undertaken.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
PM Bens Grandad, he is good at this sort of thing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's nothing to do with fraud I just want to do some minor tweaking to an old document but keep all the date attributes of the original document after the minor tweaking has been undertaken.

Fraud, then. :rolleyes::lolol:

Only kidding. We've all been there :whistle:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Get a De lorean, fit a flux capaicitor, drive it at 88MPH, arrive in the past and edit your doc, return to the future and print it off.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Can you manually change the date/time of the machine then save the file?

That worked. Thanks. It also changed the date accessed but I was able to re alter that with the attribute changer. Problem solved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here