Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunky confirmed as Skipper

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1304468/dunk-named-as-new-skipper

Great news.

Bruno handed Dunk the armband just before the team set off for Saturday’s opening Premier League fixture against Watford, and the latter reflected on a proud day, paying tribute to the departing skipper.

He said, “It’s amazing and a great honour to be named the captain of my boyhood club in the Premier League.

“I never thought it would happen as a kid, but I’m living the dream now and I’m going to do everything I can to lead by example.

“It’s a nice show of faith in me by the new head coach, I was captain when Bruno wasn’t playing last year. For him to come in and still believe I can lead the team is great for me and I just want to repay his trust now.

“Bruno is obviously someone I’ve known for a long time and he will be a tough act to follow.

“I’ve taken a lot from him, he’s led by example both on and off the pitch every single day in everything he was involved in, now it’s my turn to carry that on.”

The feelings are mutual for Bruno, and the former defender believes Dunk is the ideal person to take over the reins for the season ahead.

“It’s about putting the team first — it’s nothing about you as a player, it’s about a role that you have to work on, and Dunky is the perfect person to do it.

“It’s not just about playing the games and wearing the armband, it’s about every single day, how you behave, how you train and how you help your team-mates.

“Being a captain is being a leader. You need to help other players improve — it’s a tough job but I know Dunky is the right man.

“As a player and a human being, he’s been growing up so fast. He’s been showing his character and desire, trying to help his team-mates, both on and off the pitch.

“He’s always been really competitive. He focuses on improving and learning all the time, and for me that’s the main thing. He’s ambitious — he doesn’t like to lose a single game, even in training.

“I’m really happy to see him take over and he deserves everything at this football club.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

Now just need the official squad numbers and all is ready for tomorrow.

:albion2:

D

Deleted member 2719

Great, next stop more England caps.
Dunky is heading towards Albion all time heroes list.
Go for it Dunky.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Love this pic

Lewis-Dunk-Bruno-Club-Captain-09AUG19-PH-BI6I5957.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great choice. Duffy is also vocal and would have made another good choice.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Dunk still has a lot to do to justify his captaincy. Once he shaves his hair off, grows a beard, attends pilates sessions, goes to Church every sunday and becomes fluent in Spanish, then I'll accept his position, but until then, the legend of Captain Bruno still lives on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The conspiracist within me believes that this picture would have been taken in July if there was 0% chance he was going to leave. I think that the only thing which stopped him potentially leaving is how late United did the Maguire deal, had Leicester sold in July I believe they would have signed either Tarkowski or Dunk. Luckily, they held off for so long that we were getting further and further away from being prepared to do a deal.

Delighted he's stayed, delighted he's captain and he was the only choice to lead us into the new season and a new era. :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doubtful Hemed will be included in the final version

Interesting and encouraging to see Baluta formally listed as a first team player.
Of course Hemed won't be - but that is the 25 man squad with 26 over 21s in it.

Do they proof read ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here