Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope this lot are very wrong!

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
As usual, it's bitterness around Chris Hughton being sacked and a desire to see us damned for it. These are the same hypocrites who would happily see us go down if Chris was still at the helm. Christ I hope we stay up just to spite these pricks.

And total ignorance why he was sacked.

And as for the inexperienced manager nonsense that keeps being trotted out, so was Mullery.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Maybe this //The transformation in style from a new manager is a gamble, and I don’t think they can adjust in time without it seriously hurting them early on.//

I think it will pay off eventually but may see us spending a season in the Championship before bouncing back strong. Hopefully we stay up and have a much more comfortable season in 20/21. Either way I think the future looks bright as hard work and vision will pay off in time.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Screen-Shot-2019-08-07-at-11.35.06.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It is interesting that all and sundry has is relegated - not just on that website but also most others, like pretty much all the fans on the Guardian fans previews - whilst lots of us are quietly confident. Also interesting that there are quite a few comments along the lines of 'Hughton did nothing wrong, they'll live to regret sacking him', etc, whilst in the same breath the most of the same people would agree that we were dire to watch last season and were very lucky to stay up. Prime example were the MOTD pundits. Every week slagged us off, then expressed shock and sadness for CH on social media when he got the boot.

I think it's more a case of not really being arsed to do their homework on us and realising how well run a club we are, how TB has gone about slowly and quietly developing the club in all areas, not looking into our signings and how we've strengthened this summer, etc.

Hardly anyone has predicted Newcastle for the drop. Why? Cos they just see them as a big club, despite the absolute mess they're in and who they've lost. Hardly anyone has predicted Palace for the drop, despite losing some of their best players and their star player wanting out. Why? Cos they've been in the Prem a few years and done ok. I'm not saying either of them will drop, but I'd say theres a good chance those two (amongst others) could struggle to survive.

Just shows how many people blindly make predictions without really doing their homework on the clubs down the other end of the table

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
The first manager sacked:

Graham Potter (Brighton) – I know a lot of us here feel the same but shouldn’t that say something?

Yes. It says that none of you have done any research!!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
What a load of crap

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Norwich, Sheffield United and one from Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton, Palace and us I reckon. If we get off to a decent start and get some early season confidence we'll be fine. If we start badly it could be a season long battle.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Frankly I’d be MORE surprised if a pundit had us anywhere OTHER than bottom 3.

We have a new manager...untried, mysterious and ALL experiences at a lower level.
We’ve loaned out the one player that is a proven game changer,
Our top striker is 33
We’ve got hardly any dough.
We were truly shocking for the entire second half of last season...and most of the squad is the same.

That said. They’re in for a shock in my humble opinion.

Glenn will be pleased to hear you say that as he's 35.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So I had a dream last night that one of our players was injured and potter refused to bring him off and when the ball went out of play the whole team ran up to him and a brawl started...
I really hope that's wrong! [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The good news is the mix of other clubs in the bottom 3 also I would use it to motivate the fans and players.
Let’s hope we get of to a good start today love being underdogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here