Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope this lot are very wrong!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Frankly I’d be MORE surprised if a pundit had us anywhere OTHER than bottom 3.

We have a new manager...untried, mysterious and ALL experiences at a lower level.
We’ve loaned out the one player that is a proven game changer,
Our top striker is 33
We’ve got hardly any dough.
We were truly shocking for the entire second half of last season...and most of the squad is the same.

That said. They’re in for a shock in my humble opinion.

I have a few quid on us to win the (handicapped) League, being so underrated gives us a decent chance.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Never heard of any of them. What's their pedigree? What gives their opinions any validity? Ignorant and illiterate.

(Although none of the above means they're necessarily wrong.)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think the most stupid comment from many to chose from where these idiots have us in the bottom 3 was 'ageing team'

It's almost as if they believe both Bruno and Murray are playing the next season, and have overlooked the evolution of the squad.

Murray 35
Stephens 30
Button 30 Unlikely to play
Bong 31 very much a fringe player now

How is that ageing in a 25 man squad ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just listened to the informed TalkShite view of Villa, Mings an absolutely superb signing; quality added all over the pitch; no chance they are going down, potentially top half. :lolol:

Basically, they have heard of Grealish and have decided that all 12 (twelve) of their signings are coming off. You couldn't make it up really.

Just actually looked at their transfers, are these journalists for real? Matt Targett :lolol: Mings :lolol: Trezeguet (not the good one) :lolol: Some guy from Reims who has played 100 professional games mostly in Belgium and Greece. :shrug: Douglas Luiz 17 starts in his whole career :lolol: Marvelous Nakamba who has a great name and a few Champions League appearances :shrug: Their entire front line relies on a guy from the Belgian League who scored 17 goals :shrug:

Konsra and Heaton are great signings though. Why is this team a certainty to be safe in every review I read?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I get the predictions of us being relegated, but several have Potter to be first sacking which I just can’t see; almost regardless of results and whether we stay up or not, surely Potter has been recruited as part of the l-t strategy? Unless we have zero points at Xmas, I expect Potter to still be in the hot seat next season regardless of which League we are in.

Yes, except this time last year (and two years ago) we all* thought the same about CH.

*All - as in nearly everyone.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What a crock of shit.

- Bloom will back Potter and give him time
- We have goals in our team IF we venture into the opposition’s half
- Ageing team? Apart from Murray and Stephens all of our likely starting eleven is under 30
- Hughton was a big part of the problem and would have taken us down
- Mooy, Trossard and Maupay alone make it a great window

My biggest negative is losing El Capitan he hasn’t actually gone anywhere.

Written by idiots posing as experts

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The same lot have had us relegated the last two seasons....

This. Bunch of idiots who do no research before spouting out half arsed opinions based on the state of the pimples on their ****.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a crock of shit.

- Bloom will back Potter and give him time
- We have goals in our team IF we venture into the opposition’s half
- Ageing team? Apart from Murray and Stephens all of our likely starting eleven is under 30
- Hughton was a big part of the problem and would have taken us down
- Mooy, Trossard and Maupay alone make it a great window

My biggest negative is losing El Capitan he hasn’t actually gone anywhere.

Written by idiots posing as experts

All of this. Any chance all of us on here could give GPot a bit of time as well ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have a few quid on us to win the (handicapped) League, being so underrated gives us a decent chance.

Me too.

It’s amazing to me that the pundits line up to write BHA off every year.

To my mind there was clearly a picture emerging (in the days immediately following Chris getting the Spanish) that pointed to a longer term vision. Dan Ashworth had clearly been sounding out Potter, had accepted that Hughton had reached the limit of his abilities and had convinced TB that our progress was reliant on some major rethinking of our limitations and ambition.

Ashworth is a man who has a very solid reputation for strategic thinking. He had resolved to get the brightest young British manager around, had thought about the elements we lacked as well as those we had failed to exploit and put together a 5 year plan which Bloom bought into so much that he personally chopped the closest thing to a Saint in British Football barely a day after he secured PL survival.

It’s rollercoaster time for us...and I ****ing love it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A lot of this is simply a case of people REALLY liking CH, while at the same time being indifferent to us as a club. As a result they don't like us, and they aren't simply predicting us to go down, they are hoping for it. They enjoy being down on us, it's a minor form of vicarious revenge, which gives them a sense of satisfaction and "justice".

If they actually knew about football, and were capable of objectivity regardless of their own biases, they may have thought this through more thoroughly.

Alas, they don't, they aren't, and they didn't.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When most of this lot start shaving and their mums stop chauffeuring them about I might listen to their opinions. Until then, they should stick to their Match Attax albums.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It makes me laugh so much these experts opinions on us. Thay are so ill thought out with no justifiable reason for saying we will go down and I wish they would be called out on it.

From various experts we’re going down because our manager has no premier league experience - well neither do any of the promoted sides or Chelsea’s manager for that either. And numerous foreign managers have come over here in recent years with no premier league experience and they’ve thrived.

The promoted teams are also full of players who played for them in the Championship - well we’ve just signed the best defender and striker from that league according to a lot of people to add to an established premier league squad so how does that mean they’re going to be better than us? Our manager deemed Sheff Utd’s star striker who played for him last season not good enough for us and their best midfielder is an Albion reject.

I keep reading how Southampton are going to have a good season for example and we’re going to struggle - this is based purely on how both sides ended last season but overall we were very similar last season, the squads are similar in strength and arguably we’ve had a better transfer window than them. It is purely because we ended the season so badly which is fresh in peoples mind - they’re not capable of thinking outside of the box. In case no one out there’s noticed, we have changed things considerably this summer!

Also Villa have spent a lot of money but a lot of that on loanees they had in the Championship last season and then gambles from abroad. Why are they all so sure Villa are better than us?! Other than Mcginn and Grealish I wouldn’t want any of their players ahead of ours.

We’ve got the same squad that has been in the premier league for 2 seasons now, we’ve not lost anyone and we’ve strengthened considerably this summer, why is that not mentioned?! Our recruitment is headed up by someone who has one of the best reputations in football administration in Dan Ashworth and we’ve also just appointed a manager who has been widely receiving plaudits for years now, why are they all so sure we’re so poor?! It’s just really lazy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Football pundits make me chuckle, they literally know nothing about our club and what TB is doing down here. Any success we have will hit them like a sharp smack in the chops. I can’t wait.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Football pundits make me chuckle, they literally know nothing about our club and what TB is doing down here. Any success we have will hit them like a sharp smack in the chops. I can’t wait.
Very true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here