Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Almost all the predictions stuff for the season seems to have been "they were rubbish last season so will be again". Almost like sports journalists are lazy and only really interested in the top 6.

This. Heard a pundit on radio 5 in the week telling everybody we will be in trouble this season because he thinks we have only made one signing all summer.

Edit: Portlock Seagull beat me to it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good back to being under the rader. Screw the pudits, Yes I think it will be tough, but no tougher than it has been for the last two seasons.

I heard on talksport this morning, one of the pudits predicting Watford could break into the top 4, one massive signing seems to be all it takes, on the hole most pundits are very bad and just follow eachover like sheep.

Everyone is praising Villa, however Sheff United and Norwich have gone for the evolution not a mass overhall which has always worked better when getting promoted from the championship.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not Andy its Still lazy, we know that GP has made major changes to our play, it would take ML all of five minutes to go from "not sure whether Potter....." to "Potter seems to be doing the same as he did....."

Based on a few pre season friendlies? It needs at least 5 games before we start judging one way or the other.

ML hasn't said anything bad at all, this is pretty measured stuff. I think you're trying too hard to be offended.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just read his little piece on the Watford game. It would take five minutes of his time to see the changes GP has made to our approach, but the lazy sod just regurgitates criticisms from last season. Perish the thought he actually does some research for his money https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516 To think I stood and applauded him when he was stretchered of against Wolves.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516

That’s a tad harsh. He clearly HAS based his piece on games where Potter has been in charge. He does base his view on the post “oh Chrissy Chrissy” Albion reality and has even taken the time to watch a couple of games.

When he translates that to his ACTUAL prediction we should be OK. The keyboard keys seem stuck on “nil” when it comes to our scoresheet but hey...we can’t expect miracles.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think they all might have egg on their face come next may
It won't be egg, it'll be the sun as they spend but a drop of their excessive salaries on a holiday, blissfully unaware of just how crap at they've been at their job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"I am not sure whether Potter will do the same with Brighton" - As if he developed this in Sweden, exported it to Swansea and comes to Brighton to totally change his philisophy to 10 men behind the ball at all times.....
He didn't suggest Graham would play the same way as Chris. He said "I do think we will see a different approach from the one we saw from the Seagulls when Chris Hughton was in charge last season."

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Shock horror never had Liverpool to lose. I’m surprised people have them winning the league this year. Especially as they go off to Qatar for club World Cup. Especially as they’ve lost some players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great call ML. Keep it up

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It takes real football nous to spot when a team is going to have a breakout season. Nobody predicted the rise of Burnley or that Leicester would contend and them win the title. Nobody predicted Wolves would get into Europe and reach a cup semi final either, although many thought they might finish top half.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
It takes real football nous to spot when a team is going to have a breakout season. Nobody predicted the rise of Burnley or that Leicester would contend and them win the title. Nobody predicted Wolves would get into Europe and reach a cup semi final either, although many thought they might finish top half.

Oh well some of us here must have some real football nous! But seriously it doesn't take a genius to realise that the team we saw last season were going to change, a bit of wikipedia, and a few short highlight youtubes would tell you that. Weare not talking about aa "breakout season" rather staying up because we deserve it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Its all the same people saying we were mad to sack CH that are now also saying 'they were terrible last season so will be terrible this season'..... What , so we shouldnt have sacked a manager that had such a terrible finish to the season?! Their predictions are all just so contradictory & uninformed. We may get relegated this season or we may not, who knows, but some insightful journalism either way seems impossible from this lot.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Its all the same people saying we were mad to sack CH that are now also saying 'they were terrible last season so will be terrible this season'..... What , so we shouldnt have sacked a manager that had such a terrible finish to the season?! Their predictions are all just so contradictory & uninformed. We may get relegated this season or we may not, who knows, but some insightful journalism either way seems impossible from this lot.

Cognitive Dissonance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here