Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Lawros Predictions

Just read his little piece on the Watford game. It would take five minutes of his time to see the changes GP has made to our approach, but the lazy sod just regurgitates criticisms from last season. Perish the thought he actually does some research for his money https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516 To think I stood and applauded him when he was stretchered of against Wolves.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Almost all the predictions stuff for the season seems to have been "they were rubbish last season so will be again". Almost like sports journalists are lazy and only really interested in the top 6.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just read his little piece on the Watford game. It would take five minutes of his time to see the changes GP has made to our approach, but the lazy sod just regurgitates criticisms from last season. Perish the thought he actually does some research for his money https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516 To think I stood and applauded him when he was stretchered of against Wolves.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49249516

"I saw Swansea under Brighton boss Graham Potter a couple of times last season and they always built from the back. When they got it right, they looked really good.

"I am not sure whether Potter will do the same with Brighton, especially straight away, but I do think we will see a different approach from the one we saw from the Seagulls when Chris Hughton was in charge last season.

"They need to start playing in the opposition half, and make the opposition worry about them rather than the other way around."

Not the worst preview I've ever read on the BBC website though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mods can we merge these pundit prediction threads? I predict they are getting on my tits. Poll to follow.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Not Andy its Still lazy, we know that GP has made major changes to our play, it would take ML all of five minutes to go from "not sure whether Potter....." to "Potter seems to be doing the same as he did....."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tuesday evening Radio Five lives pundits discussing every PL team (as in 3hrs on each top six side and less than a minute for everyone else) said we’ll be relegated as ‘They’ve not really backed him and made only one signing’

What absolute horse shite! By then we’d broken our transfer record 3 times in this window alone! Never mind all the other signings. ‘Not really backed him’ my arse. Fair enough if you think we’re going down but least these ‘experts’ could do is keep their eyes and ears open as to what’s going on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tuesday evening Radio Five lives pundits discussing every PL team (as in 3hrs on each top six side and less than a minute for everyone else) said we’ll be relegated as ‘They’ve not really backed him and made only one signing’

What absolute horse shite! By then we’d broken our transfer record 3 times in this window alone! Never mind all the other signings. ‘Not really backed him’ my arse. Fair enough if you think we’re going down but least these ‘experts’ could do is keep their eyes and ears open as to what’s going on.

Ridiculous l agree.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
That’s not the worst bit of punditry i’ve read about us.
Imagine reading that piece as a Watford fan. He says absolutely nothing about them.
Fun/interesting to see the two net ballers have us down to win!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you want to be a lazy pundit, it is an easy payday.
Lawro's remarks are fairish. It will take a bit of time for the team to get up to speed with his methods, but I reckon we be fine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Isn't it great seeing all the doom and gloom, being written off before a ball is kicked but having the level of confidence we have in GP, TB, PB and the team, come on the Albion!

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
"I saw Swansea under Brighton boss Graham Potter a couple of times last season and they always built from the back. When they got it right, they looked really good.

"I am not sure whether Potter will do the same with Brighton, especially straight away, but I do think we will see a different approach from the one we saw from the Seagulls when Chris Hughton was in charge last season.

"They need to start playing in the opposition half, and make the opposition worry about them rather than the other way around."

Not the worst preview I've ever read on the BBC website though.

Not actually sure what the OP is complaining about, that's a fair assessment and the score prediction isn't entirely impossible. I would love a win, like a draw but wouldn't be too disheartened by a loss...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
"I am not sure whether Potter will do the same with Brighton" - As if he developed this in Sweden, exported it to Swansea and comes to Brighton to totally change his philisophy to 10 men behind the ball at all times.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The two netball stars who Lawro is going up against in his predicitions- Helen Housby and Jo Harten - both give it to us a 2-0 away win.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why are people so worried or irritated by pundits writing us off?

It may be lazy journalism or a lack of research by some but we all know 90% of all air time on the radio and TV will be given over to the top 6 teams. It's pretty much always been that way.

I could'nt give a shit what anyone else thinks and will just get on supporting the guys to improve on last year's position. I still think we'll stay up this year and to me that's all that matters.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Lawro was slightly harsher than Albion deserved in his predictions last season but in the end only a few points out.
Poor old Cardiff mind. And Burnley didn't live up to Lawro expectations.

brighton.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Robbie Savage on BBC 5Live this morning was the only 'expert' to predict Brighton NOT to be relegated. He put Southampton there instead.

Brave man. I'm just not convinced by our midfield. Often overran last year and adding Mooy doesn't change that. Games often won and lost in midfield and this is our weakest area.
We have no real depth to it either. Pleased with the other players we have brought in though.

Having a poor midfield i personally think will send us down this season. It needed proper surgery and that never happened.

I predict 19th

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here