Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Brighton's win at Watford surprised a few people' translated as 'I really cocked up my prediction and showed my lack of knowledge and research about Potter. I'm playing it safe this week.'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has us losing 2/0 :moo:

Said we were edgy against West Ham ...balls imho ...pop down to Specsavers if you watched the game ML and don’t talk crap

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Yep just read that, edgy my arse. Funny that with a team who were "edgy" the crowd cheered the 4 mins extra time as it gave us a chance to win, not a fake whistle to be heard.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Edgy? In a game we dominated?

Boo. Hiss.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why would anyone give the smallest shit what this has been thinks? May as well ask for predictions from the average bloke in the pub.

I did like his comment about Palarse in danger of becoming known as Crystal Palace Nil

Edit just noticed there’s a thread started about this weeks predictions..mind you the thread title wouldn’t have helped

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lawro has a very dry SOH, and any Albion predictions will hopefully come back and bite him on his wrinkly old arse :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Has us losing 2/0 :moo:

Said we were edgy against West Ham ...balls imho ...pop down to Specsavers if you watched the game ML and don’t talk crap

Saturday's game was easily the least edgy performance I've seen from us at the Amex in 2019. Even when we went 1-0 down our players looked like they knew they were going to get back into the game. At the final whistle, when the performance hadn't got the three points that it had deserved, it felt like nobody was particularly gutted. We had all watched West Ham take a battering and get away with a point. We all left the stadium talking about how impressive we looked and how the results will definitely be coming if performances continue in that vein. It felt energising. It felt like we are going to be entertained this season and that we have shown that we can compete and cause trouble for teams in this division.

I'm sure that there will be tough periods this year. There will be times when both fans and players are on edge. This could even come against Southampton this week. However, Saturday felt about as far away from that than we have been at any point since we made it to the Premier League. Lawrenson is so far wrong about last Saturday that one can only assume that he didn't watch our game at all and has just made something up after seeing the scoreline.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll still probably bloody lose to Southampton though.

Two good results, home game against a crock of shit? .................... were loose, innit. Guaranteed.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He keeps saying he "Saw Swansea play under Potter" does this mean he still hasn't seen Brighton play under Potter!? Although to be fair he called the one all draw even if his assessment of the match was pulled out of his arse. I think he is correct in that one team will win 2 zip but it wont be Southampton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Saturday's game was easily the least edgy performance I've seen from us at the Amex in 2019. Even when we went 1-0 down our players looked like they knew they were going to get back into the game. At the final whistle, when the performance hadn't got the three points that it had deserved, it felt like nobody was particularly gutted. We had all watched West Ham take a battering and get away with a point. We all left the stadium talking about how impressive we looked and how the results will definitely be coming if performances continue in that vein. It felt energising. It felt like we are going to be entertained this season and that we have shown that we can compete and cause trouble for teams in this division.

I'm sure that there will be tough periods this year. There will be times when both fans and players are on edge. This could even come against Southampton this week. However, Saturday felt about as far away from that than we have been at any point since we made it to the Premier League. Lawrenson is so far wrong about last Saturday that one can only assume that he didn't watch our game at all and has just made something up after seeing the scoreline.

This^ :thumbsup:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend
10) Vibrant Saints have reasons to be cheerful
Last weekend Jürgen Klopp said what almost every Southampton supporter has long thought. “What a team Southampton would have if all of those players had had stayed here,” he said, referencing Sadio Mané, Virgil van Dijk and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, with Dejan Lovren and Adam Lallana also swapping the south coast for Merseyside in years gone by. After two games Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side have zero points but it is not all doom and gloom for a team packed with more young talent determined to make their mark. Yan Valery, the 20-year-old full-back, particularly impressed against Liverpool, while striker Che Adams and captain Pierre-Emile Højbjerg have also shown glimpses of quality. Along with Angus Gunn and summer signing Moussa Djenepo, there are reasons to be cheerful, with this vibrant side more than capable picking up their first win at Brighton, who have started well under Graham Potter. BF

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This, although some of the players looked a bit gutted after the final whistle. I think they (quite rightly) thought they'd done enough to win it.

As for Lawro, I wonder whether he's lazily based part of his prediction on the shitshow that was this fixture last season?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend
Last weekend Jürgen Klopp said what almost every Southampton supporter has long thought. “What a team Southampton would have if all of those players had had stayed here,” he said, referencing Sadio Mané, Virgil van Dijk and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, with Dejan Lovren and Adam Lallana also swapping the south coast for Merseyside in years gone by. After two games Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side have zero points but it is not all doom and gloom for a team packed with more young talent determined to make their mark. Yan Valery, the 20-year-old full-back, particularly impressed against Liverpool, while striker Che Adams and captain Pierre-Emile Højbjerg have also shown glimpses of quality. Along with Angus Gunn and summer signing Moussa Djenepo, there are reasons to be cheerful, with this vibrant side more than capable picking up their first win at Brighton, who have started well under Graham Potter. BF

Southampton fans’ loathing of that perennially circling shark of a club that is LFC must almost trump their loathing for Portsmouth, Spurs a close third (Pochettino and Bale). By comparison we’ve got off relatively lightly down the years.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

I saw that. To be fair to pundits, it's difficult to assess where Southampton are after two matches. Their opening day defeat was a horror show yet they out in a spirited performance against Liverpool. Which Southampton is going to show up? Sooner or later things should click for them and they'll get a result. I'm just hoping they don't travel well, much like us the past couple of seasons.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

This was written by the Guardian's Southern football correspondent Ben Fisher. For the first weekend he was sent to Bournemouth because they were playing a promoted side and last week he watched Southampton because they faced someone from the top six. To be fair Saints made a good fist of playing Liverpool, so he has seen them do okay. He hasn't seen us at all because we've not been deemed interesting enough yet. Last week the Guardian didn't even bother to send a reporter, our report came from the Press Association.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here