Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal/Hemed

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Good luck to Kayal. Excellent player. Think he was unlucky to not get more game time last season when our midfield was constantly being overrun. Will be quality for Charlton

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can someone post what has actually happened with a link to a reliable source please

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can someone post what has actually happened with a link to a reliable source please

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1303903/albion-midfielder-heads-to-charlton

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Beram Kayal has joined Charlton Athletic on a season-long loan deal, subject to EFL clearance.

The Israel international midfielder heads to The Valley, and could make his debut in the Addicks’ Championship fixture against Stoke City on Saturday.

The loan arrangement includes a recall option in January, when the transfer window reopens.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “Beram has trained really well since I arrived at the club and been a pleasure to work with during my short time here.

“This is a good move at this stage in his career, and gives him a chance to play regularly. On behalf of all at the club, I would like to wish Beram all the very best for the season ahead at Charlton.”

Nothing on Hemed on the official site yet.

Other news on loaned out players here: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1301391/loan-round-up-white-impresses-on-leeds-debut/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The delay with Hemed, i think, is because the League have a backlog of transfers to ratify given the flurry of last minute deals yesterday.
Also it has to be a permanent deal because Charlton are only allowed x number of loans.
Yesterday at the Fans Forum , Barber was clear that we'd done everything at our end to allow the Hemed deal go to ahead so we are just waiting on Charlton (and the league).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Naylor said the Hemed deal isn't a loan. Albion waiting on Charlton to confirm the deal, all went through in good time.

[tweet]1159728220197019648[/tweet]

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sounds like it didn’t go through.

Bowyer press conference this morning mentions missing out on two players as ran out of time.

Although then added waiting on FA .. so who knows

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Should be a rare occasion whereby pretty much everyone agrees - good signings for Charlton, good players for us and all the best to the pair of them.

I'm more disappointed to see Kayal go, I think he's a fantastic player and exactly the type to make a team tick. Hemed is more limited in what he does, but no less hard working and perfectly capable of scoring goals in the Championship.

End of an era in many ways, just Bong clinging on now!

I really think Hemed is a much better player than we have given him credit for he works hard will score goals given the right service at all levels

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Always thought Hemed was a great servant to the club. Never seemed to moan when constantly used as a sub and displayed a good attitude.

Quite a handy Championship goal scorer too. Hope it works out for him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Always thought Hemed was a great servant to the club. Never seemed to moan when constantly used as a sub and displayed a good attitude.

Quite a handy Championship goal scorer too. Hope it works out for him.

Might have been a silly stamp away from being our leading striker. Small margins............

Agree though. Top pro and wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if the Charlton deal has fallen through, but now there is chatter of Tomer maybe singing for Cadiz.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tomar and Kayal tearing it up at Charlton would make make me very happy. Both fantastic players for the Albion and I hope it works out for them there (or wherever TH ends up!).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hope The Valley fans will continue to sing my song what I thought up.

Israeli men, hallelujah, Israeli men, amen,
One is short, plays se-ven
The other scores goals at number tennnn
God bless Mother Nature.....

It's to our eternal shame as a club that 'Israeli Men' never took off properly.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I really think Hemed is a much better player than we have given him credit for he works hard will score goals given the right service at all levels

He's a cracking player, he was doing us proud until he got sent off and then over taken by Murray.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Hemed's still got shirt number 25 according to an e-mail from the club. Sounds like it didn't go through, big shame for him and Charlton if true

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The delay with Hemed, i think, is because the League have a backlog of transfers to ratify given the flurry of last minute deals yesterday.
Also it has to be a permanent deal because Charlton are only allowed x number of loans.
Yesterday at the Fans Forum , Barber was clear that we'd done everything at our end to allow the Hemed deal go to ahead so we are just waiting on Charlton (and the league).

This is not actually correct.

There is now apparently no limit on the number of players a Championship club can borrow, but they are only permitted to name 5 loan players in a matchday squad. With Kayal, they now have 5 players on loan - but that wouldn't have prevented them also signing Hemed on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here