Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal/Hemed

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How unusual. Would love to know what has gone on at the FA at what the 'glitch' with the paperwork is.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I could be wrong, but think due to it being a transfer, the paperwork involving Tomer's work permit is slightly more complicated, as opposed to Kayal's being just a loan. Hopefully just a formality and sorted soon.

Hemed doesn't need a work permit as he holds an EU passport, issued by Poland, his mother's country of birth.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Given that we now know we were going to sell Hemed to Charlton (whether or not it actually goes through), any word on the fee?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
A lot depends on what paperwork the FA think arrived late. It might be, if it's his registration for instance, that we have signed him but he can't play until January (that's happened in other deadline day cases). Given that we have the lowest wage budget in the Championship (Hemed will presumably be one of the highest paid) and only one other striker who has played at this level or higher before (only a handful of games) that would be a nightmare on many different levels! As you can imagine there's lots of biting of fingernails amongst Charlton fans at the moment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A lot depends on what paperwork the FA think arrived late. It might be, if it's his registration for instance, that we have signed him but he can't play until January (that's happened in other deadline day cases). Given that we have the lowest wage budget in the Championship (Hemed will presumably be one of the highest paid) and only one other striker who has played at this level or higher before (only a handful of games) that would be a nightmare on many different levels! As you can imagine there's lots of biting of fingernails amongst Charlton fans at the moment.

Hope for yours and Tomer's sake that this gets sorted quickly. Think it was 2015/16 where he was our only fit forward and I remember him having to play what seemed like every minute of every game. Deserves to be playing regularly at yours :thumbsup:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It will be undisclosed as usual. If it doesnt go through there is always the possibility of loan/sale to a team in Spain before 1st Sept.

Also if the possible "he's a Charlton player but Charlton can't play him until Jan 1st" version of deadline mishap has happened, then I assume Charlton could loan him out until Jan 1st. Given than only L1 and below are possible in England, a higher level elsewhere seems most logical. Which is possibly another option re where the Cadiz rumours have come from.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Hope for yours and Tomer's sake that this gets sorted quickly. Think it was 2015/16 where he was our only fit forward and I remember him having to play what seemed like every minute of every game. Deserves to be playing regularly at yours :thumbsup:

Cheers. All should become clear tomorrow I guess. Hope all works out as well as possible for both Charlton and Brighton and Tomer himself.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
No doubt the have a print to say they sent the e-mail at 4:59pm and other end say they received it at 5:01pm or some such similar pedantic tale

Hope it works out ok for Tomer and is not stuck doing nothing until 1st January

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Still from no news from the Ivory Towers on Tomer's move?
What is it taking so long?! Seems very odd. He doesn't need international clearance, does he?

I saw Tomer Hemed was named on the back on the Charlton programme on Saturday as well?! I guess CAFC must seem pretty confident they've landed him.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Rumour is that the FA rejected it saying the paperwork was 35 seconds late. Charlton disagree and have taken it to the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) which is apparently an international tribunal type thing. Hence the delay. That's just the rumour I've heard and might well be bullshit.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bloody love Tomer, hope he gets regular football.

Charlton are so lucky to get Kayal and Hemed, proper footballers and men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here