[Albion] Kayal/Hemed

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best of luck in the future Tomer. You'll always be welcome at the Amex

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
With Tomer, Beram and JFC all at The Valley, are Charlton now 1970s Swansea to our 1970s Liverpool? They even have a full back called Solly. Ex-Albion players and a healthy dislike for all things Selhurst: I'll be supporting them in this year's Championship. Now they just need to save Sam Baldock from his Reading misery in the January transfer window.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
With Tomer, Beram and JFC all at The Valley, are Charlton now 1970s Swansea to our 1970s Liverpool? They even have a full back called Solly. Ex-Albion players and a healthy dislike for all things Selhurst: I'll be supporting them in this year's Championship. Now they just need to save Sam Baldock from his Reading misery in the January transfer window.

I liked Charlton before, but now I have a proper reason to support them in the championship. Would be fantastic to see Tomer and Sam reunited in January as well, they were a superb partnership and if that could be rekindled they'd surely be looking good for a promotion push.

My only slight problem is that any hint of promotion and the value of the club would shoot up, which is more than the owners deserve. But at least means it might finally get sold I guess (or am I way out of date and this has all been resolved?)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'm really pleased for Tomer... I wish him good luck at his new club... ditto King Kayal...

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Tomer Hemed seemed to fall out of favour with Houghton and certainly deserved better than he got. Perhaps he hadn't studied the CH 'Defenders Handbook' properly and ended up on the naughty seat on the subs bench. So I hope that this transfer re-ignites his career. He certainly deserves it

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done Charlton, I'll be following their results with interest this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tomer Hemed seemed to fall out of favour with Houghton and certainly deserved better than he got. Perhaps he hadn't studied the CH 'Defenders Handbook' properly and ended up on the naughty seat on the subs bench. So I hope that this transfer re-ignites his career. He certainly deserves it

He had the shirt, lost it due to the retrospective ban for the stamp and never got it back. He could have ended up first choice striker..........small margins.......

Anyway, hope he and Kayal tear it up, both top pros and team men.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I suppose now he's no longer our manager, some people will think it's fine to spell his name wrongly now ......................... :facepalm:

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Kayal is a quality player who deserves more minutes than he probably would have gotten had he stayed....so I’m happy for him that he will be in a team where he can show what he’s got.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I wish both Kayal and Hemed the best in their new adventure. Great to watch when they are on form and will give a real bite to the Charlton attack.

Thank you Beram and Tomer for being part of the journey guys :wave:

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems we found a loophole in EFL transfer rules. Hemed transfer was not approved as the paperwork came in too late, but EFL terms say any player that is a free agent by end August can sign for a Championship club.

Good on the Albion + Hemed for sorting this out so he can move on with his career

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looks that way - on that basis quite reasonable for Charlton to seek to cancel the loan arrangement (including from a cost perspective) and send him back, and suspect our medical/rehab personnel and facilities are more comprehensive than theirs. Good luck to him for a speedy recovery - always liked him.

I wonder if it will be our only championship loan recall, he hey.

Anyway, best of luck to Beram. Get fit and find yourself another decent club like Charlton. Even if not fit or playing, a decent bloke to have around.

It also shows the benefit of the loan system to a club like Charlton. Not taking the financial risk of having a permanent player injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here