Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New £100m AMEX deal.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At least it means we will still be going to the Amex instead of some 'weirdly named stadium' which changes names every time the sponsor changes.

Yeah agreed. Glad we wern't sponsored by Jiify Condoms. Can you imagine the pundits in the Sky studios : we'll be back in a Jiffy etc etc.

Still pleased with Amex's continued support for the club. Seems a pretty good deal to me.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Seriously?

I know it's wrong on so many levels, it's wrong for all the reasons that football is wrong, but I bloody love that news.

Classy stadium, classy sponsorship, one of the best Premier League shirt sponsors.

This is on a par with signing a decent backup keeper. :lol:

It's wrong when it's some offshore betting company. This is, as you so rightly say, classy; a global, blue-chip company that is entirely and completely integrated into the city and county and all of the club's football (at all genders and levels) and charitable operations. Huge news.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Get in!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But least that’s a guaranteed £8m. That’s good for cash flow and forecasting

Not sure we know how much is guaranteed. There are likely to be relegation clauses that might reduce the amount. Don't forget this is naming rights for the stadium and the academy plus shirt sponsorship for a premier league team and women's super league team and all the rest. Of course, we don't know the exact amount and probably never will.

That said, we are keeping it local and not a gambling company!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - is sponsorship of £8.3m a season on the low side for a bottom half PL team, please?

No, puts us in top ten I reckon. These are last season's figures, we have zoomed up the table.

Sponsor Deals.jpg

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously?

I know it's wrong on so many levels, it's wrong for all the reasons that football is wrong, but I bloody love that news.

Classy stadium, classy sponsorship, one of the best Premier League shirt sponsors.

This is on a par with signing a decent backup keeper. :lol:

THE best Premier League shirt sponsors … by far.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Not sure we know how much is guaranteed. There are likely to be relegation clauses that might reduce the amount. Don't forget this is naming rights for the stadium and the academy plus shirt sponsorship for a premier league team and women's super league team and all the rest. Of course, we don't know the exact amount and probably never will.

That said, we are keeping it local and not a gambling company!

Right. Suppose it's a 50% reduction after relegation. That's £4m bagged each month. I'm not forgetting, but I really don't understand your point about naming rights. Naming rights are not that valuable https://www.duffandphelps.com/about-us/news/capitalizing-on-revenues-from-stadium-naming-rights

So, yeah, we don't know the costs. But those naming rights are no where near as valuable as you appear to be insinuating.

el punal

So pleased it’s not a bookie.

So pleased we don’t have Southampton’s sponsor. Apparently the replica shirts are still not available “due to unforeseen circumstances”. The rumours are that the sponsor, LD Sports, don’t exist, or haven’t been registered, or that the logo keeps peeling off the shirt, or that the whole abomination is so shit that the club have decided to scrap the whole thing. Take your pick! :drink:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Intrigued by this: ‘Off the pitch, the company will partner with the club to develop and support ways of further enriching the fan experience at the Amex Stadium’

Hoping this includes making more of the outside space.

An AMEX Platinum card only beer till will do it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here