Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Ever transfer window?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hoping Connolly will not be loaned out (even though more experience wouldn't hurt), but I'd love to see him be a livewire on the bench occasionally this season together with getting a chance in the cup games.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I have been thoroughly discouraged ever since Hughton was sacked, but even I’m starting to get a little bit excited now!

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Hoping Connolly will not be loaned out (even though more experience wouldn't hurt), but I'd love to see him be a livewire on the bench occasionally this season together with getting a chance in the cup games.

I think it's too late, unless he goes abroad. I don't think that the club would sanction him dropping down to Leagues 1 or 2.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best Ever transfer window?
Not sure about that, but it's solid and I'm happy enough.

Decent signings in the right place, without bringing in a marquee signing. Disappointed to lose Knocky so cheaply, but pleased to hold on to our other players.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
No idea if this is true, but I spotted this on the Charlton forums:

"Brighton has submitted 6 deal sheets that will be confirmed by 7pm"

That was posted about 16:20 this afternoon.

More stuff still to happen? (I would assume only outs from now on?)

I don't think it can be true. Sky Sports were reporting that the FA had received 6 deal sheets in total - and Everton and Southampton are responsible for two of those.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There were about 6 deal sheets submitted for the whole of the PL.

I don't think it can be true. Sky Sports were reporting that the FA had received 6 deal sheets in total - and Everton and Southampton are responsible for two of those.

leanback.gif

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I actually thought the summer when we signed Zamora, Carpenter, Oatway, Watson, BRooker, Kuipers, Cullip etc was the most exciting because you just knew we had finally put together a good team at that level in comparison to the complete crap we'd endured for how many years. Also, with Zamora's previous loan spell with us where he'd bagged 6 goals in 6 games, there was a sense of certainty he was going to be a great signing too.

We went on to win back to back titles climbing from the bottom tier to the 2nd. Considering this all began just 4 years after losing the Goldstone. Probably the best transfer business this club wil ever see.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ah yes. Because a player who’s sole main skill set is offensive, was really going to shine in an ultra don’t concede at all costs set up. You’re unequivocally correct.

He has a skill set?
You mean the same role he's consistently played for Iran?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So true. :)

[tweet]1159511143213359104[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
2 days before our next Premier League game, I'm feeling a damn sight better than I did 2 days after our last one. I think it's called cautious optimism and mild excitement. :)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There was never a chance that TB would sack CH and employ GP without backing him to the hilt. It has been a very fruitful window and my mojo is sky high. Hoping it will be an awesome season and that we will progress. Onwards and Upwards.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A lot of unproven lower league players. Could be a loooooong winter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A lot of unproven lower league players. Could be a loooooong winter.

Blimey. Best mates with TSB?

But who has that's expected to be in the bottom half (that's not a crock). ?

Villa, Massive, Naarich, Wolves, Newcastle, Southampton, Palarse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here