Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer day done. So who has the better squad/team Brighton or Crystal Palace?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I believe we have a better goalkeeper and defence. Palace have a better midfield but we are creeping up in that respect . We have much better attacking options.

Overall I feel we have a lot more strength in depth.

Should we be looks to finish above them this season .....? Or am I being delusional ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet you tell us they've done good business and are a team that finished what 9 (?) points above us.

FWIW I completely agree on 2 aspects but believe you have undersold our midfield as I expect them to be midfielders this season and not forward centre backs.

If they aren't comfortably behind us, all season, then Mr Bloom has made a terrible mistake in signing Potter.

Mr Bloom isn't a man for making terrible mistakes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Palace have a peed off Zaha and Barndoor Benteke up top, I am more of an attacking threat than that
Zaha does this all the time . Give him a couple of weeks and he will be giving his all again. As much as I hate to say it he's a good pro.(apart from being a tit)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As per usual, they are basically relying on Zaha and Townsend staying fit and in form. If either of them are injured for a long period, they will go down.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Guita

Kelly
Cahill
Sakho
PVA

McArthur
Milo
Kouyate

Andros
Benteke#Zaha

Subs:
Ayew
Camarasa
McCarthy
Meyer
Wickham
Dann
Schlupp

Still think I'd only take Zaha and Milowhatshisface out of there.

Only Meyer is under 26 of that lot, so they have an aging side they have arguably made worse in the summer (not replacing AWB).

Yet no doubt they will find a way to fluke staying up, and probably finishing above us again.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
No doubting Palace have some real quality and experience but it looks like a very unbalanced squad. If they can motivate Zaha and/or get a striker scoring more frequently they should be ok. A couple of injuries or suspensions would hurt them much more than us, especially when you consider this could be our 2nd choice 11:

Button
Greyhound
Burn
Baluta
Bernardo
Bong
Mooy
Alzate
AJ
Andone
Connolly

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No doubting Palace have some real quality and experience but it looks like a very unbalanced squad. If they can motivate Zaha and/or get a striker scoring more frequently they should be ok. A couple of injuries or suspensions would hurt them much more than us, especially when you consider this could be our 2nd choice 11:

Button
Greyhound
Burn
Baluta
Bernardo
Bong
Mooy
Alzate
AJ
Andone
Connolly
Strong cup team this season again !!

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Guita

Kelly
Cahill
Sakho
PVA

McArthur
Milo
Kouyate

Andros
Benteke#Zaha

Subs:
Ayew
Camarasa
McCarthy
Meyer
Wickham
Dann
Schlupp

Still think I'd only take Zaha and Milowhatshisface out of there.

Only Meyer is under 26 of that lot, so they have an aging side they have arguably made worse in the summer (not replacing AWB).

Yet no doubt they will find a way to fluke staying up, and probably finishing above us again.

PLUS, paying some silly wages on top of that..

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You have missed out Tompkins. ( who IMHO with Sakho are a great center back pairing)

Also a few younger players that did get on the bench last year and got a bit of play time. I would hope get more games this season as they have looked good in the U23s
Riedewald
Woods
Dreher
Kirby

From what I can see is BHA have gone for the prospects and Palace for seasoned Prem players...whos wrong and whos right we will see in 38 games.

But please don't do what you do every season and relegate us in October, it always comes back to bite you !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You have missed out Tompkins. ( who IMHO with Sakho are a great center back pairing)

Also a few younger players that did get on the bench last year and got a bit of play time. I would hope get more games this season as they have looked good in the U23s
Riedewald
Woods
Dreher
Kirby

From what I can see is BHA have gone for the prospects and Palace for seasoned Prem players...whos wrong and whos right we will see in 38 games.

But please don't do what you do every season and relegate us in October, it always comes back to bite you !

The Tomkins who was completely owned by Andone at The Amex? That Tomkins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As per usual, they are basically relying on Zaha and Townsend staying fit and in form. If either of them are injured for a long period, they will go down.

To be fair, Zaha will go down regardless of injuries.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Be interesting to see what our respective wage bills end up being for this season.
Iirc last available figures they were 9th highest wages and we were 19th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here