Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Julian Cope Is Dead

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surely one of the most hatstand records of all time - from Bill Drummond, the man behind KLF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=01&v=kuDmjZfa_Z0

[yt]kuDmjZfa_Z0[/yt]

Before he became The KLF’s money-burning dance-punk art-terror-theorist, the erstwhile visionary behind Liverpool’s Zoo label stepped out as an unabashedly Scottish singer-songwriter with this remarkable LP, created to mark his turning 33-and-a-third.

Recorded in five days in a village hall in Galloway, The Man was a surprisingly great sounding LP (not so surprising when you realise his backing band is The Triffids), that found Drummond musing on life, love and rock’n’roll.

Its most famous song is undoubtedly “Julian Cope Is Dead”, which saw him recounting his master plan to make The Teardrop Explodes bigger than The Beatles by killing the singer. Elsewhere, there was cosmic country, folk, Roxy-esque sax, Wall Of Sound pop, and a Robert Burns recital by Drummond’s preacher father.

“The work of a complete nutter,” enthused Creation boss Alan McGee.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Still have it .. got it because of the Triffids connection (I was even more of a music snob aged 16 than I am now)

A very special album.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Do you want a “reward” for posting that and making us look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just couldn't resist this, see how many put me right on this one.....
RIP my condolences to his family. More than a few Teardrops Exploding at this one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not funny. I loved the early Teardrop Explodes. :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A great loss .................. a wonderful singer and musician ................... condolences to his family and friends .............

Hey! I think I've cracked this cut and paste malarkey now! :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here