Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most anticlimactic deadline day signing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are people really that underwhelmed by Mooy? Seems a good signing to me.

I'm underwhelmed. Just seems to be another block to our little group of promising young midfielders breaking through (which I thought was part of the raison d'etre for bringing Potter in). A loan might make sense if someone is leaving, and giving the youngsters a bit more time, but I'm pretty sure that Richards, for one, didn't sign for us from Manchester City on a promise of U23 football and a loan out to Rotherham!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm underwhelmed. Just seems to be another block to our little group of promising young midfielders breaking through (which I thought was part of the raison d'etre for bringing Potter in). A loan might make sense if someone is leaving, and giving the youngsters a bit more time, but I'm pretty sure that Richards, for one, didn't sign for us from Manchester City on a promise of U23 football and a loan out to Rotherham!
The Mooy signing only really works if 1 of Stephens, Pröpper or Kayal ( most likely ) leaves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton, Arsenal, Spuds and ManU on spending sprees, buying/borrowing the best talent across Europe and South America. Bottomless pits of cash apparently.

Whilst other clubs, even Liverpool, by contrast doing little business.

A strange window,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are people really that underwhelmed by Mooy? Seems a good signing to me.

Yep, I agree. He's experienced, proven at the highest level and will probably be as good – if not better than Kayal (and I'm a BIG Kayal fan). Not got a problem with him being part of the squad and yes, it he might get in the way of youngsters making their way into the first team, but think of what they could learn from him.

If he's good enough for the club to want to bring him in, they must see something there, so I'll just let them get on with it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dean Hammond, after Naylor made it sound like Bobby was coming back.

Yes the first one that popped into my head when I saw this thread. It was no offence to Hammond, but because Naylor was being a cock and bigging it up it was hugely disappointing.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Following the news that we may be interested in making Aaron Mooy our star deadline day transfer, I've been thinking about the most disappointingly anticlimactic deadline day signings.

For me, after all the rumours that Bobby might come back, it has to be Naylor stating that an "old favourite was returning", only for the club to reveal it was Dean Hammond. :wozza:

Iirc Shane McFaul also arrived on deadline day.

Any others NSC recalls who didn't quite WOW the fans as the club might have hoped?

At least its not Matt Ritchie

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Carroll!!!! Ashleys' shit attempt to ingratiate himself with the faithful..... if it happens.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ridiculous comment and in any case Vicente was signed in September as he was a free agent.

Wooooooooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:fishing:

Honestly didn't think I'd catch such a BIG one.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really fishing is it to get the information wrong. Had Vicente signed in deadline day then i would consider it fishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here