Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think he would be a great addition to the squad, he is different to our current midfielders in that he is box to box and scored goals unlike our current crop.
It's a yes from me.
If true I can see Kayal going out on loan, he's been fantastic for us but I fear he isn't the player we had in the Championship and injuries may have taken a toll.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It’s not about what we think he’s worth. There is less than 24 hours left of the transfer window, Huddersfield would need a replacement. So he’s worth a lot of money to them at this stage. We’d have to pay a premium, and I’m not sure he’s worth it.

Kayal and a mil. That's where I see him. squad player, miles behind Stephens, Bissouma and Propper. Challenging with Alzate and Baluta for a place on the bench. Seems a little pointless, would rather a younger hungrier player than a slow old clogger.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lol.

He’s scores 3x more goals than Stephens and proper put together.

Would walk into our side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 times more would be a great comparator if Stepens and Propper had scored about 10 goals but as they had only scored 2, Mooy's total is not that great when over 2 seasons he scored 7, 2 of which were penalties.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
8C2569CD-B01F-4C0F-BF81-38EA5C0ABBC8.png

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
One year left on his contract I think? That will help the price.

Also, just because we have been signing young players doesn't mean we can't sign anyone with experience. Arguably, the more young players you sign/intend to use, the greater the need for some older heads and experience in the side too.

Also, the fact that he played in a relegated side doesn't make him a bad player. There are plenty of players who have been relegated with a poor side, and then gone on to be stars.

I like DS, but I would imagine that a CM pairing of Mooy and Propper would probably give us a little more bite, and a little more creativity.

Good post. Well presented arguments on all accounts. I hadn’t realised that about his contract situation, can anyone confirm if that is true? As you’d definitely be right in saying that would impact on his price tag

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
One year left on his contract I think? That will help the price.

Also, just because we have been signing young players doesn't mean we can't sign anyone with experience. Arguably, the more young players you sign/intend to use, the greater the need for some older heads and experience in the side too.

Also, the fact that he played in a relegated side doesn't make him a bad player. There are plenty of players who have been relegated with a poor side, and then gone on to be stars.

I like DS, but I would imagine that a CM pairing of Mooy and Propper would probably give us a little more bite, and a little more creativity.

Good post. Well presented arguments on all accounts. I hadn’t realised that about his contract situation, can anyone confirm if that is true? As you’d definitely be right in saying that would impact on his price tag

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How much would he be worth? 5 MILLION?

Edit.....just seen their fans valuation of him 25 million......its a no thanks for me.

Ok then 5 million and Stephens.:eek:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here