Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The thing that concerns me is his motivation. On the assumption and hope he does well with us, he's put himself in an awkward position because for us to keep him will take a big fee, given he'll have 2 years left on his contract. Presumably the sell on clause City placed on the deal remains in tact so Huddersfield will need to add a premium to any fee to negate that. If Huddersfield don't get promoted, he goes back to them a Championship (or League 1, frankly, their squad is crap) club he's going to be stuck.

I'm not in any way shape or form blown away by this signing but I have faith in the vision of the club. I'll be sad to see Beram Kayal leave as a consequence, Hughton's first signing when he took over all those years ago!

Strange one isn’t it. If Mooy had run down his contract he could then move on a “free”, meaning City would have got nothing!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Seen quite a few Everton, Liverpool and Man U fans saying that they would have taken him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Initially underwhelmed with the Mooy signing but he is exactly the type of midfielder we've needed, hard working & can get forward to help the attack. & he has 2 years prem experience, unlike most people we sign. So im on board now, welcome Aaron!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
GREAT signing in my opinion.

If I were in charge he’d be the first name on the team sheet.

To be fair, that’s cos I’m anal and would do it in alphabetical order.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
HTFC fans are distraught at the news, that tells me a lot, while a fan of our current midfield I think Mooy will end up a regular.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
GREAT signing in my opinion.

If I were in charge he’d be the first name on the team sheet.

To be fair, that’s cos I’m anal and would do it in alphabetical order.

Great singing FS. It’s making my outer body senses even clearer.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Fantastic signing - the creative and more attacking midfielder we’ve been craving, and he has PL experience ! :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Albion website: "Albion loan Mooy from Huddersfield". When did 'loan' replace 'borrow' as the correct verb in this context?

Yes, he is 'on loan' from Huddersfield, and they have loaned him to us, but we haven't done any loaning. We've borrowed him.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Fantastic signing - the creative and more attacking midfielder we’ve been craving, and he has PL experience ! [emoji106]
I couldn't agree more...current cm's completely overrun in the second half of last season. Gives us some bite and I really hope he is in the starting 11

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Albion website: "Albion loan Mooy from Huddersfield". When did 'loan' replace 'borrow' as the correct verb in this context?

Yes, he is 'on loan' from Huddersfield, and they have loaned him to us, but we haven't done any loaning. We've borrowed him.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who cares.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That's been doing my head in for a few years. Almost given up now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Doesn't borrow suggest it's free. Hire would maybe be a better word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here