Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
EBcUVD3XYAU4qX5.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Is Mooy better at playing CDM than Stephens? I don’t think so.

Is he better at playing CAM than Groß? I’d argue no.

A midfield 2 of Propper and Mooy looks flimsy. Stephens + Mooy means leaving out Propper who I rate as our best midfielder technically. Don’t see how Mooy will fit into the starting 11 if the formations from pre season are anything to go by.

I know everyone has the favourites and players they dislike, but I thought the key factor in our poor form on the pitch last year was the quality of our central midfield. Propper might be a technical player, and he does make one or two great passes in a game, but he disappears for the rest of it and I think the rest of the midfield has to carry him. Propper is a luxury player we can't afford in my opinion and I'd much rather have Mooy in the starting eleven.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Penalty - singular.

They only got one last season and he scored it.
What about the season before, since he's scored 7 from 65 games (or something like that)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know everyone has the favourites and players they dislike, but I thought the key factor in our poor form on the pitch last year was the quality of our central midfield. Propper might be a technical player, and he does make one or two great passes in a game, but he disappears for the rest of it and I think the rest of the midfield has to carry him. Propper is a luxury player we can't afford in my opinion and I'd much rather have Mooy in the starting eleven.

For me the teams slump coincided with Propper's form falling off a cliff, which in turn kicked in a soon after the Ajax rumours began.

There's no way Propper is just a luxury player.
In my mind he just needed better players around him and a slightly more expansive role, which seemingly I'll know if that's anywhere near the mark quite soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could be a bit of classic Naylor, tantalising us ...
Except it won't work. He's the boy who cried wolf. I'll just read NSC thanks - any transfer news will be on here before Naylor gets a whiff of it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Go on....
Makes sense.

Tom Barclay has continually got transfer news right over the summer. He says we were in for that young Basel striker that west ham signed. And he says we are still after a striker....So I imagine we are still in for other young options

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For me the teams slump coincided with Propper's form falling off a cliff, which in turn kicked in a soon after the Ajax rumours began.

In my mind he just needed better players around him and a slightly more expansive role, which seemingly I'll know if that's anywhere near the mark quite soon.

I like Propper too, and I agree, I think he probably hasn't been used to his full potential with us so far. Be interesting to see how Potter uses him, my instinct is that he is one player who really suits and possession / passing / attacking side.

I think it's possible he could be a bit of a revelation under the new system. Could be like a new signing, and I also expect he will pitch in with some goals this season too.

He's one player in particular who I am really looking forward to seeing try Potter's football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I will be in the minority here but prefer Kayal to Stephens. I genuinely believe Stephens is our weak link. Mooy is a very welcome signing as imo he does everything Stephens does but at a level up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'll just read NSC thanks - any transfer news will be on here before Naylor gets a whiff of it.

Where you'll read what journalists have reported. Most, but not all, of the useful transfer news on NSC this summer has been via various credible journalists like Owen, Barclay, Naylor and Kristof Terreur. And true, NSC does a good job of aggregating that , and also alerting everyone to foreign news sources etc. .
PS: Naylor's just reported that Aaron Connolly is staying this summer. Where did you read that on NSC ?

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

He's not rubbish, but I feel like I've been waiting two seasons for him to find his form. I also think he seems to get away with disappearing on the pitch because he's a "technically" good player. I suppose "underachieving" is how I would categorize him. I want more from him because like I say I think our centre midfield is a big problem for us. I think Mooy will be good for us because he'll either come in and play well or put pressure on those already here to step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here