Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Doesn't borrow suggest it's free. Hire would maybe be a better word.

Isn't hiring what all transfers are though? Taking the player on a set contract to perform a set role. The only purpose of a transfer fee is to release the player from their contract with the selling club

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't borrow suggest it's free. Hire would maybe be a better word.
Borrowed would be correct, not loaned. Hired would be perfectly acceptable though. Good thinking.

Yeah borrowed sounds like a free favour. Maybe "taken on loan"?
Taken on loan would be fine too. Grammatically correct, and fits the context.

Happy with both these alternatives. 'Loaned' is, however, still just wrong. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't hiring what all transfers are though? Taking the player on a set contract to perform a set role. The only purpose of a transfer fee is to release the player from their contract with the selling club

No. If you hire a car you don't own it; you just borrow it for a fee for a fixed term. Although hiring - as in hiring and firing - is often used by HR people for taking on permanent staff.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So we can't see that unless we subscribe? And no one here read it and posted the news?

several people posted it on here at the time Trig. I'm prepared to spend 15 mins digging to prove it to you but can't we both get on with our days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sounds depressed in his interview.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So we can't see that unless we subscribe? And no one here read it and posted the news?

Andy Naylor
STAFF
Aug 8, 8:28am
24 likes

Good morning everyone.
Some breaking transfer news from Brighton. They are signing midfielder Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield on a season-long loan.
The Australian international travelled south last night and is currently having a medical.
Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal is likely to go out on loan to a Championship club, along with fellow countryman Tomer Hemed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
several people posted it on here at the time Trig. I'm prepared to spend 15 mins digging to prove it to you but can't we both get on with our days.
I can see that news of Mooy hit NSC before Naylor mentioned him, and several people assumed that meant Kayal would go. I found one person who later quoted Naylor as saying he was going.

Andy Naylor
STAFF
Aug 8, 8:28am
Good morning everyone.
Some breaking transfer news from Brighton. They are signing midfielder Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield on a season-long loan.
The Australian international travelled south last night and is currently having a medical.
Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal is likely to go out on loan to a Championship club, along with fellow countryman Tomer Hemed.
Thanks.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can see that news of Mooy hit NSC before Naylor mentioned him, and several people assumed that meant Kayal would go. I found one person who later quoted Naylor as saying he was going.

Thanks.

Ha! I can see even with this low key “exclusive” - the idea of giving Naylor any credit is a step too far. Oh well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha! I can see even with this low key “exclusive” - the idea of giving Naylor any credit is a step too far. Oh well.
Sorry what is the exclusive? He seems to have said that Kayal and Hemed were likely to go out on loan to a Championship club. Others here had already said they were both likely to go (no indication of loan or sale). And what's the latest - Kayal went out on loan, and they're waiting on the FA to decide on Hemed (but it might be a sale, rather than loan)? That's what I'm supposed to be praising Naylor for, right?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The thing about Mooy is that he’s the sort of player that I really dislike. Annoying, sneaky, big headed and piss taking.

For those reasons. I’m IN.

Rather have him inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry what is the exclusive? He seems to have said that Kayal and Hemed were likely to go out on loan to a Championship club. Others here had already said they were both likely to go (no indication of loan or sale). And what's the latest - Kayal went out on loan, and they're waiting on the FA to decide on Hemed (but it might be a sale, rather than loan)? That's what I'm supposed to be praising Naylor for, right?

Yep. You can't. I didn't think so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. You can't. I didn't think so.
Yeah you're right, I should be praising Naylor for this incredible scoop:

In chronological order:
Only relevance is, I think, that if Mooy comes in, Kayal will probably leave.
If true I can see Kayal going out on loan
Whose place does he take in the 25? Kayal?
Andy Naylor said:
Israeli midfielder Beram Kayal is likely to go out on loan to a Championship club

The question is, just how did Naylor predict Kayal would be likely to go out on loan after only 3 people on NSC had already said the same thing? Did one of them tip him off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here