Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watching matches overseas... Advice needed

0 Not allowed!
    So.. my better half and step daughter are off for some bonding experience in NYC as part of daughter's birthday present, so _and_Son and I thought we might head of to watch a game somewhere.

I would like a BHAFC connection but far from essential and thought Germany as an option.
    Going to be the week before Christmas and haven't looked at fixture lists yet but...

Have any of you experience of watching foreign teams?

Can anyone recommend a club/match where we are likely to be able to get tickets?

How do you go about getting tickets for another club?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Newly Joined

0 Not allowed!
      If you’re looking for a Brighton connection Leverkusen might be the way to go
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      Why not St Gilloise?
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

0 Not allowed!
      Hertha Berlin, great city and the Ost Kurve for company at the Olympic Stadium.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HBIMG_1234.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	113954
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by twr93 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you’re looking for a Brighton connection Leverkusen might be the way to go
      Or St. Pauli. There fans travelled in numbers for Fans Reunited back in the day.

1 Not allowed!
      Have a look at the Ruhr region. Stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne and you have the option to get to loads of different teams.
      From either of those cities sides like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkussen, Monchengladbach plus numerous sides in Bundesliga 2 and even 3 Liga can easily be reached, with public transport often included in the tickets price. With some decent planning and fixtures falling well you should easily be able to get 2 or 3 games.
      Tickets are normally pretty easy to get hold off from club websites although not so to see Dortmund which is pretty well always sold out and tickets cost a fortune on the open market.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cloggie View Post
      Have a look at the Ruhr region. Stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne and you have the option to get to loads of different teams.
      From either of those cities sides like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkussen, Monchengladbach plus numerous sides in Bundesliga 2 and even 3 Liga can easily be reached, with public transport often included in the tickets price. With some decent planning and fixtures falling well you should easily be able to get 2 or 3 games.
      Tickets are normally pretty easy to get hold off from club websites although not so to see Dortmund which is pretty well always sold out and tickets cost a fortune on the open market.
      Good advice!
      I have changed this madinthehead's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I enjoy going to Eintracht Frankfurt, big crowds (around 50k) singing throughout.. try to get tickets behind the standing area. Dont forget they have winter break.. Check before you go.. I think this year the weekend before Xmas is the last football for 3 weeks
      Quote Originally Posted by 3-2 5-0 3-1 3-0 View Post
      I'm sorry for being such an arse, I won't do it again.

Wilfried Zaha is not fit to clean Will Buckley's boots.

0 Not allowed!
      100% this.

i've done this numerous times and we're going in a few weeks to see Monchengladback, Viktoria Koln & Osnabruck. It really is a football HOTBED!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Agree with this - saw both Bochum and Düsseldorf when I stayed in the area. Email the club and tell them your travelling from the UK - they are usually accommodating. For example I got tickets to both Ferencvaros and Rapid Vienna on my recent summer break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Winner of 2006 North Stand Chat Grand National Sweepstake