Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hibs vs Hearts

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Planning on going the day after Newcastle away. Anyone been before and what is the likelihood of being able to get tickets?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget all the grounds are dry up there - no need to arrive early for 6 pints of coca cola.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Been many times. You shouldn't have much trouble getting a ticket. Might be helpful to go to the Hibs website and create an account so that when they go on sale you can order one directly. Will be around £30 unless you're a concession. All three 'Home' stands are the same price. My own preference is the East but if you prefer to be behind the goal you want the Famous Five (named after the Hibs forward line of the 1950's). Away supporters get the lower tier of the South. In recent years they have sometimes sold tickets in the top tier to Home support. Probably not v the Jambos.

No beer in the ground and I'm afraid to say that the catering staff make the Amex look a model of efficiency.

Have a drink in Robbie's bar on Leith Walk/Iona St pre match or the Iona lounge at the end of the road. About 7 minutes walk to the ground. Or the Four in Hand just down from the ground but the service can be slow and its usually packed.

Ground is a shade over a mile from the Waverley Station. Plenty of buses from there go down Leith Walk, 22 and 35 the most common. If you're driving, there is limited street parking near the ground but personally I'd not want my car there on a Derby day.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have a drink in Robbie's bar on Leith Walk/Iona St pre match or the Iona lounge at the end of the road. About 7 minutes walk to the ground. Or the Four in Hand just down from the ground but the service can be slow and its usually packed.

Definitely have a drink in The Marksman on Duke Street too. I used to walk past it every day when I lived in Leith for a year. It opens at 6am every morning (something to do with historic working hours of dockers, I believe) and attracts the roughest, most downbeat terminal alcoholics you'll ever see. Crack of dawn they'll be shuffling in there to start the day as they mean to – in a pished-up fug of melancholy and misery. It's one of the most depressing bars in the world. :thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Been many times. You shouldn't have much trouble getting a ticket. Might be helpful to go to the Hibs website and create an account so that when they go on sale you can order one directly. Will be around £30 unless you're a concession. All three 'Home' stands are the same price. My own preference is the East but if you prefer to be behind the goal you want the Famous Five (named after the Hibs forward line of the 1950's). Away supporters get the lower tier of the South. In recent years they have sometimes sold tickets in the top tier to Home support. Probably not v the Jambos.

No beer in the ground and I'm afraid to say that the catering staff make the Amex look a model of efficiency.

Ground is a shade over a mile from the Waverley Station. Plenty of buses from there go down Leith Walk, 22 and 35 the most common. If you're driving, there is limited street parking near the ground but personally I'd not want my car there on a Derby day.

You're a great person, many thanks.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Definitely have a drink in The Marksman on Duke Street too. I used to walk past it every day when I lived in Leith for a year. It opens at 6am every morning (something to do with historic working hours of dockers, I believe) and attracts the roughest, most downbeat terminal alcoholics you'll ever see. Crack of dawn they'll be shuffling in there to start the day as they mean to – in a pished-up fug of melancholy and misery. It's one of the most depressing bars in the world. :thumbsup:

The Brunswick used to be another early opener, much like The Marksman but they closed it down, tarted it up and reopened it as The Joker and The Thief and now it's full of Hipsters.

The Tam O'Shanter on Gt Junction St is one of those pubs where everyone's third eye turns to look at you when you come in and the women contemplate the addition to the gene pool that's just come through the door.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here