Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Texas Police.....WTF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not much shocks me. But, yeah, that was a really disturbing sight.

They said that it is a practice often used for anyone but there was no reason why they couldn't have waited for a pick up vehicle. Only someone of utter ignorance couldn't look at that and realise its connotations.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not much shocks me. But, yeah, that was a really disturbing sight.

They said that it is a practice often used for anyone but there was no reason why they couldn't have waited for a pick up vehicle. Only someone of utter ignorance couldn't look at that and realise its connotations.

That’s what I was thinking...it’s as if they have one brain cell between them

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We have immediately changed the policy to prevent the use of this technique

So why was it still in place until today

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Take out the offender being black for a sec, this practice is actually entirely legal. That’s what shocks me. But the USA judiciary is full of such disproportionate custodial treatment e.g. everyone is made to look like a criminal before a judge regardless of whether it’s a parking fine or murder, children are shackled etc. In other words, had the offender been white then this might not have been challenged! It’s completely unacceptable by our standards either way but then we’ve always been more civilised than our colonial cousins.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We talk about Islamic countries being thousands of years behind us, I think the USA is still a couple of hundred.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
”The officers were taking Mr Neely to a police staging area. Police clarified that he was not tied with the rope, but "was handcuffed and a line was clipped to the handcuffs".

Oh, okay yeah, well that’s alright then, carry on!
Third world.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The cops must have been playing too much Red Dead Redemption.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The biggest surprise to me is that anyone is surprised this type of thing goes on. The guy in charge is a racist and so are a percentage of the people who vote for him :shrug:

Trumpo the Clown has about as much chance of making America great again as the Albion have of doing a league and FA Cup double.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
American police officers just seem to do whatever on earth they want and get no repercussions for it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ah, good old America. Whenever I cross the border it's like going back in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here