Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So are we going to make another first team signing?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My gut feeling (based on no knowledge whatsoever) is that we're done. Maybe someone for the U23s or U18s, but that's all.

CM was, and is, our greatest weakness, but whereas under CH it was vital to have a Stevie Gerrard type who would rampage up and support our chance-starved forwards, under Potter's system it is less of an issue - the fact that we often seem to have several players in the opposition half at the same time makes a bit of a difference! I'd still like that beast of a CM, but I'm much more relaxed about not getting him now.
RB - we can cover that.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Like everyone is saying... a more mobile center mid and a right back/right wing back. If that happens then we've strengthened all over the pitch. If i had to pick then maybe i could make do without the right back as Montoya seems to suit Potter's system pretty well & we have Schelotto/Webster/Sanders/Bernardo/Balogun who could potentially all fill in. The center mid though i feel is a must & will have a big impact on how we play. Last year Stephens/Propper just didnt control games and their lack of pace meant others could so easily just move through our midfield unchallenged.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
RB is the biggest issue IMHO. We simply do not have cover. CM would be nice too. Looks like the club are only going for the latter, a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
For me we need a dominant midfielder, someone who can wrestle back control of the midfield if we're losing that battle.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
RB. The Simpson connection would suggest we are active. I think we'll get one. CM. Maybe a loan such as drinkwater if it comes off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’d like to see us bring in another central midfielder, Berge would be perfect but looks doubtful. With El Galgo as backup, I don’t see the need for another right back especially as wingback seems perfectly suited to Schelotto’s strengths.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know work is on-going, but have little to suggest on what, although it could well be another striker.

My personal guess, and it is a guess, a striker will come in, and AJ will hit the road.

Aha - this is where you need to remember what you’ve written on here before Mr Wedgee - as 2 days ago (before the Moroccan lad fell through coincidently) you wrote:

Not the last striker coming in either......

:lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Midfielder is a must. RB we are covered. Just one more in

How do you feel we’re covered RB? Genuinely intrigued. And please don’t say Bernardo as he looked so out of place there - he’s a LB / CB at a push...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My gut feeling (based on no knowledge whatsoever) is that we're done. Maybe someone for the U23s or U18s, but that's all.

CM was, and is, our greatest weakness, but whereas under CH it was vital to have a Stevie Gerrard type who would rampage up and support our chance-starved forwards, under Potter's system it is less of an issue - the fact that we often seem to have several players in the opposition half at the same time makes a bit of a difference! I'd still like that beast of a CM, but I'm much more relaxed about not getting him now.
RB - we can cover that.

Very valid point re the midfielders - I like that way of thinking. But as above, who’s the other RB? We’ve not seen Webster play there and Bernardo is a LB. our only RB / RWB is Montoya and he’s good RB but jury out RWB - I guess Potter bows best but I’m worried....!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How do you feel we’re covered RB? Genuinely intrigued. And please don’t say Bernardo as he looked so out of place there - he’s a LB / CB at a push...!

Webster, Greyhound or Balogun. Not great options but not a priorty to find another RB

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Webster, Greyhound or Balogun. Not great options but not a priorty to find another RB

We’ve not seen Webster and he looks more a CB - as is Balogun. Greyhound is properly injured. If we play the 3-4-3 system it needs to be a RWB which I’m pretty sure none of the above can play adequately, bar Greyhound who’s crocked. We haven’t replaced Bruno and that’s a worry as any injury to Montoya could leave us in trouble..

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
RB would be nice but would love a quality CM. Someone with greater technique and mobility than that of Stephens. Probably too big an ask but here's hoping.....

:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here