Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So are we going to make another first team signing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What do people think?

Most wanted another CM (maybe with pace / attack minded) and a RB or RWB (although Owen has said it’s not an area we’re actively seeking)

Do you think we’ll sign anyone else? Would be nice to have a surprise in deadline day and pull something out the bag - maybe a loan of a well known CM..?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, I think we may well sign 1 more.

I'm happy with what we've got now, but with Bissouma out for an undetermined little while yet, then a new CM would be most welcome.

A loan would be ok, as next season we'll have some young midfielders with 1 more years experience knocking loudly on the squad door.

I also think we'll make a couple of U23 signings - which will be like surprise new senior squad signings in 1 or 2 years time.

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think a loan midfielder is the only likely signing. I don’t think we are looking for another right back given the cover we have and the manager is unlikely to play a conventional back 4 every game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m not seeing the cover at right back. Only square pegs in round holes. And feel we need 2 for each position - hope I’m wrong!!!!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I know work is on-going, but have little to suggest on what, although it could well be another striker.

My personal guess, and it is a guess, a striker will come in, and AJ will hit the road.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see a RB and I cannot see why we've been speaking to Simpson if we weren't looking for one (If its true of course). Personally I would worry about going into the season with Schelotto as back up even if he was fit. He's short of the required quality by a distance IMO.

Midfield a box to box midfield option to Bissouma would be a nice to have but if not Saunders could get some chances possibly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Midfielder is a must. RB we are covered. Just one more in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We’ll probably bring some Swedish kid in and then loan him out again, just for a laugh.
Other than that I reckon we’re done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here