Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Grounds You've Seen But Not Seen A Game

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
My mate used to/ still does sell duvets, towels etc to football clubs and I used to go with him occasionally. On a particular trip to Villa Park whilst he was doing the business with the buying dept i casually walked around the ground, corner gates open( there was no real security in the early 90's outside of match days) walked in, onto the pitch and took a quality penalty in front of the Holt end. No ball,no crowd, just me and my imagination.Wonderful stuff.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Views from the train, although not all, ironically most of them spotted travelling to Albion away games. Here goes :

Crewe Alex., Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday, Accrington Stanley, Notts County, Berwick Rangers, Darlington (when they we’re alive!), West Brom, Wolves, Hibernian, Meadowbank Thistle, Arbroath, Montrose.

Abroad : Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Azteca Stadium in Mexico City, Malaga, Ajax, Feyenoord, F.C. Copenhagen, Malmo, Prater Stadium in Vienna.

I’m sure there are a few more, but with our wonderful boys climbing the leagues over the last few years I’ve managed to take in most grounds!

Arbroath & Montrose

very jealous

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eastville (seen from the M5 in 1978, as a kid)
Parkhead
The new Wembley (when in that part of the world for an op this February)
Colchester’s current ground
Muirton Park, Perth, which St Johnstone left in 1989, for one of the first new grounds (with mates in 1982 on a trip to the Highlands)
Pittodrie
City Ground, Nottingham ... but went in their club shop
Annfield, Stirling
The New Den

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
When I was driving coaches all over the uk and Europe I got to visit loads of stadia without ever seeing a game in the majority of them!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
My mate used to/ still does sell duvets, towels etc to football clubs and I used to go with him occasionally. On a particular trip to Villa Park whilst he was doing the business with the buying dept i casually walked around the ground, corner gates open( there was no real security in the early 90's outside of match days) walked in, onto the pitch and took a quality penalty in front of the Holt end. No ball,no crowd, just me and my imagination.Wonderful stuff.

great stuff

When you consider all the history at that ground

brilliant!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I went to the National Football Museum when it was at Deepdale, and you could see into the ground, but I've never been to a game there. Also Fenway Park and the ballparks in Arlington, Houston and San Diego but all out of season. Saw Rugby Park, Kilmarnock, from a plane and went past Dunfermline Athletic's ground on a bus.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Last September I walked past the San Mames, home of Athletic Bilbao. Rather brilliantly, I received an email today telling me that I had successfully applied for tickets there for the Euros next summer!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hibernian (jogged past it when I was staying up there)
Notts County (parked there for games v Forest, nice clubhouse)
Maracana (stadium tour)

Sure there are others, particularly ‘drive bys’ but can’t remember

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I’ve driven past the Bescot on the M6 on many occasions travelling north to meet relatives. Never caught a game there but heard it’s got one of the best atmospheres in the Lowe leagues so really ought to try and take in a game there one time.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Carrow Road (the floodlight failure)(have been to a match there though)
Bescot , Ricoh, Britannia from M6
Adams Park (work away day) (went to the 4-4 there)
Neu Camp
Ageas Bowl (stayed at the hotel)
Kassam stadium (Same)
Wembley (working at Brent Council so wandered down)
Stadium MK (have seen games there as well)
Kenilworth Road
Vicarage Road (have been to a couple of games there as well)
Stamford Bridge (passed on the train)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Celtic Park;
Dumbarton;
Tynecastle;
Hibernian;
Meadowbank;
New Den; New Wembley;
Cardiff Arms Park;
Arbroath;
The Hawthorns.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Borough Ground, Workington Town.

30+ years ago I walked to the ground from the station just to see one of the founding members' grounds. Wasn't really worth it.....

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Berwick Rangers.
Been past a number of times

And finally attended a game there tonight

Not many teams that play in a foreign country’s League

Top night out

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Borough Ground, Workington Town.

30+ years ago I walked to the ground from the station just to see one of the founding members' grounds. Wasn't really worth it.....

Founding members? :facepalm:

Only got voted in in 1951 to replace New Brighton.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bloomfield Road, Blackpool.

It was November 2001 and the ground was being done up with two new stands being built. What a depressing town. The whole area felt tacky. It made Eastbourne look like California.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
St.James's Park (Newcastle), went on a ground tour there years ago and met Kevin Keegan, visited Roker Park at the same time. I went to a rave in a warehouse next to Old Trafford at Trafford Park industrial estate Manchester many years ago and have driven past Elland Road many times and seen the City Ground and Meadow Lane when in Nottingham, which are the first ones that spring to mind. Oh i've seen a few of the London ones when coming in to land at Heathrow as well heh.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Stadium of Light - Lisbon
The Stadium of Light - Sunderland
JobServe Community Stadium - Colchester
Meadow Lane - Notts County
Hush Park - Yeovil
Goodson Park - Everton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here