Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Grounds You've Seen But Not Seen A Game

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Borough Ground, Workington Town.

30+ years ago I walked to the ground from the station just to see one of the founding members' grounds. Wasn't really worth it.....

a ground we've never won at

played there 3 times in the 60's and lost everytime

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Been to st James,s Park and villa park for rugby World Cup matches but not seen football there. Other grounds I’ve sen from outside but not inside that I can think of:
Olympic stadium
State de France
Emirates
Bernabeu
The Hawthorns
St mirren
Hibs
Hearts
Brentford

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Founding members? :facepalm:

Only got voted in in 1951 to replace New Brighton.

That's bizarre. I only made the effort to go because I had it in my head that they were - I wouldn't have struggled up there for any other reason that I can see, after all I wasn't living up here at the time, I was still at home in Brighton and just up here on holiday. I even caught an earlier train so I could walk to the ground before being picked up to go into the Lakes. I wonder what on earth I was getting it mixed up with!!?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Halifax Town-the evening game called off because of rain shortly before KO.
A senior police officer kindly let us in and gave us a guided tour.

Reminds me of a game up at Barnsley back in the late 80's where my pal and l were given a guided tour of the Oakwell trophy shelf by the then club secretary. There wasn't a lot on it.

A nice gesture though, and true Yorkshire hospitality as they say.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Reminds me of a game up at Barnsley back in the late 80's where my pal and l were given a guided tour of the Oakwell trophy shelf by the then club secretary. There wasn't a lot on it.

I believe Barnsley are the only Yorkshire club to win the FA Cup in Yorkshire

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Auxerre
Basel
Neu camp

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Everton, went past when we played Liverpool.
Notts County, went to their supporters bar when we played away at Forest.
Blackpool, been to the town four times but never seen a match at their ground.
Chelsea, I've been to Stamford Bridge for an exhibition, went on a stadium tour when I was there.

Old Trafford cricket ground.
Twickenham.
Bath rugby ground, the gate was open when I went past, just went in and looked around.
Exeter rugby ground, it's next to the motorway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

My grandad played for Barnsley during the war and his picture was in the trophy room amongst the other Barnsley teams from their history.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's bizarre. I only made the effort to go because I had it in my head that they were - I wouldn't have struggled up there for any other reason that I can see, after all I wasn't living up here at the time, I was still at home in Brighton and just up here on holiday. I even caught an earlier train so I could walk to the ground before being picked up to go into the Lakes. I wonder what on earth I was getting it mixed up with!!?

Sorry to have burst your bubble!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton, went past when we played Liverpool.
Notts County, went to their supporters bar when we played away at Forest.
Blackpool, been to the town four times but never seen a match at their ground.
Chelsea, I've been to Stamford Bridge for an exhibition, went on a stadium tour when I was there.

Old Trafford cricket ground.
Twickenham.
Bath rugby ground, the gate was open when I went past, just went in and looked around.
Exeter rugby ground, it's next to the motorway.

Stamford Bridge - I thought you would’ve been at the League Cup 2nd replay in 1976 (the Challis game)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here