Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Grounds You've Seen But Not Seen A Game

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I don't know about you but now when I'm somewhere I always hunt down the local sporting venues
really wish I'd done alot more of this before

here's a few I remember myself,probably a few more too

Nou Camp
Villarreal
Fiorentina
Torquay
Stockport
Cardiff Arms Park
Old Trafford (Cricket)
Real Sociedad
Hartlepool
Montreal (Baseball)

will add if I think of anymore

how about you?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Villa Park, The Bescot and The Bet365 all on one drive a few months ago. I'd like to see a game at Villa Park, it's such a classic older ground. The Bescot for Walsall and The Bet365 for Stoke are less appealing in, essentially, every conceivable way!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
New Road, Worcester, as I stayed in the Premier Inn overlooking the pitch, the other night!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ibrox - working up in Glasgow so bought tickets to a midweek game but called off due to the weather. - waterlogged.

Moss rose - Drove all the way up there to watch the Albion , and at no point did I here on the radio that the game had been called off. - frozen pitch

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
One that annoys me the most is the Mercedes-Benz Atlanta. Was there for work for 2/3 months on and off, but never coincided with a home game of any sport. Absolutely outrageous looking place from the outside and, from what I've seen on TV, on the inside.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Everyone who has driven into Glasgow from the airport, has seen Ibrox. I've worked right by Celtic Park for weeks, but never seen a game. And also right next to Falkirk!

Have worked on projects at the Ricoh, at St.James' Park, but never seen games there.

Rubgy Stadiums; without having ever seen a game at any, have visited Welford Road (Leicester), The Stoop (Harlequins), Madjeski (London Irish), Ricoh Arena (Wasps), Franklin Gardens (Northampton), Kingston Park (Newcastle), Allianz (Saracens), AJ Bell (Sale Sharks / Salford), Sandy Park (Exeter), The Rec (Bath), Sixways (Worcester), Kingsholm (Gloucester), Rodney Parade (Newport Gwent Dragons), Llanelli (Scarlets), The Liberty (Ospreys), Cardiff Blues, Thomond Park (Munster), Connaught, The RDS (Leinster) and Kingspan Stadium (Ulster)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Stade de France. I was on a school trip and they had put in all of the documents about how we would go to the 'World Cup Final Stadium Stade de France'

This was about 6 months after the World Cup and someone clearly messed up. We parked up and walked around the outside of the stadium before being told to get back in the bus (which had been ushered away from its' initial parking spot). There was no tour, not even a chat about it. As you can guess there were a lot of pissed off lads on the trip when it transpired that they had created the documentation (and taken the money from our parents) after looking at costs but before looking at availability to actually go inside

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Grounds I've been in, but not seen a game, include:

Maine Road (saw Pink Floyd there in 1988)
Feyenoord Stadium (saw PF there in 1994)
Nou Camp
Stade de France (saw Roger Waters there in 2013)

Have seen a fair number from outside whilst passing for various reasons...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Viktoria Plzen. The thought of watching a team playing in red and blue stripes prevents it happening.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
well having been to all of Villa Park, Bescot and Bet365 at various times - they are all a bit of a dump in their own way
first one has no concourses and terrible facilities, second one poles everywhere obscuring full view, last one built on top of a wind tunnel with two corners missing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Allianz Arena. Went out to take a look the day before Bayern Munich's Champions League semi final against Barcelona. Briefly contemplated hiding out in the perimeter bogs for 24 hours before settling for a trip to the club shop. Asked if I could buy a programme for the game as a souvenir. They looked at me like I was daft. Best they could offer me was a copy of that month's deeply dull club magazine :wozza:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stade de France, Malaga's ground and from rugby, Murrayfield.

Get the train through Crewe fairly regularly and see Alex's ground next to the station but could never be bothered to go there when we were in the same division. Regularly run to / round Murrayfield when I work in Edinburgh. There and back from my hotel (with a bit of Water of Leith thrown in) is exactly 10k.

el punal

Views from the train, although not all, ironically most of them spotted travelling to Albion away games. Here goes :

Crewe Alex., Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday, Accrington Stanley, Notts County, Berwick Rangers, Darlington (when they we’re alive!), West Brom, Wolves, Hibernian, Meadowbank Thistle, Arbroath, Montrose.

Abroad : Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Azteca Stadium in Mexico City, Malaga, Ajax, Feyenoord, F.C. Copenhagen, Malmo, Prater Stadium in Vienna.

I’m sure there are a few more, but with our wonderful boys climbing the leagues over the last few years I’ve managed to take in most grounds!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Stayed in the Marriott Hotel at Twickenham.
Great view flying over Philadelphia Eagles ground once.
And most notably ran along hill overlooking Whitehawk’s Ground last Sunday!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here