Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bas Savage's tank of petrol

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Who would have thought that when Dick Knight was haggling over a few gallons of Unleaded with Bas's agent within 20 years we'd be in the Premiership reputedly paying a player £50,000 a week to wear the blue and white stripes?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or when I was ringing up the phone in going batshit crazy about Gavin Hoytes lack of effort :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just the one tank of petrol? He wanted a tank full for every game to drive down from London. He used to stay overnight with Alex Revell.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bas Savage was a bloody legend, the kind of player who would miss a 2 yard tap in but score a worldie 5 minutes later :lolol:

Re: Bas Savage, just searched him he was last playing in the Thai premier league in 2015 and 2014 scored 1 goal in 47 games, did he convert to a CB or something? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bas Savage was a bloody legend, the kind of player who would miss a 2 yard tap in but score a worldie 5 minutes later :lolol:

Re: Bas Savage, just searched him he was last playing in the Thai premier league in 2015 and 2014 scored 1 goal in 47 games, did he convert to a CB or something? :lol:

Where was THAT goal - I could cheat but don’t want to - some northern place - I’m gonna go Rochdale or Chesterfield but I think I’m wrong?!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Where was THAT goal - I could cheat but don’t want to - some northern place - I’m gonna go Rochdale or Chesterfield but I think I’m wrong?!

It was Hartlepool.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Apart from "That goal", how about when he scored at Northampton and when the ref directed him back to his own half, Bas put his hand up to indicate "wait", then performed his moonwalk celebration right in front of the Albion fans!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think it was Tranmere and he ran most of the length of the pitch without ever have the ball properly under control and swung a boot at the ball when he realised he was totally out of control & scored a worldie! Someone with IT skills, please add the footage.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

When he scored a worldie and their fans were angry at us for winning due to them having a tragedy the week before?

Hartlepool if so.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He wore a very big shirt

E78FCF4C-067D-4353-B730-3CFBBD4800A0.jpeg

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I think it was Tranmere and he ran most of the length of the pitch without ever have the ball properly under control and swung a boot at the ball when he realised he was totally out of control & scored a worldie! Someone with IT skills, please add the footage.

Hartlepool

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Didn't it cause a rumpus because he celebrated in front of their bench, and they were mourning a player who had died just a few days before?

Exactly right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Those were the days.

Hoyte was possibly the worst player I think I’ve ever seen in an Albion shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes mate he infuriated me so much one night (I think we were playing charlton at withdean which is weird as I never remember playing hem at withdean?!) and he trotted back after our keeper had saved and let their guy shoot - I was sooo annoyed & it always sticks with me cos I ranted on the radio :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here