Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alec Scott

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
She must have a shit-hot agent.

Combined with her pleasing aesthetics.

To spout very forgettable waffle, we learn absolutely nothing from her tedious noise. [Not a sexist comment, as she follows a long tradition of Jenas, Crooks, McManaman, Earle, Dixon, Owen, Shearer. All bores, she just happens to be a better looking bore].

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Patrice Evra talking over her was the best thing that could happen to her career. Since then she's somehow been a pundit on everything going despite rarely saying anything remotely interesting, she's like Shearer.

She should be advertising whoever put her new teeth in, look at pictures of her before the teeth and she's a very average looker too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Combined with her pleasing aesthetics.

To spout very forgettable waffle, we learn absolutely nothing from her tedious noise. [Not a sexist comment, as she follows a long tradition of Jenas, Crooks, McManaman, Earle, Dixon, Owen, Shearer. All bores, she just happens to be a better looking bore].

Agreed. All cliches and no insight. Female Michael Owen.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Been confirmed as a contestant on Strictly 2019. Is there anything this woman can't do??

Say the letter ' g ' for a start........." they have been livin the dream since the last World Cup and this is what they have all been workin towards, mornin, noon and night "
Throw in a few ' forts ' instead of ' thoughts ' and ' udders ' instead of ' others ' and there you have it....a good dose of modern estuary English, all packaged up in a colgate style smile and enough cliches to send the cliche police into spasms of frustration.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't rate her as a pundit, but that's true of most of male pundits too (I actually think Chelsea women's team manager Emma Hayes talks a lot of sense). What I object to is that she's everywhere, presumably denying other people work. Ditto 'comedian' Romesh Ranganathan. I actually saw a panel game the other night without him on and assumed there must be something wrong with my TV. At least the demise of This Week has reduced the amount of Michael Portillo on our screens.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought this was about a new SINGING.

So, no, I hadn't heard of her.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I think that some people are being a tad harsh here. There are very few truly excellent pundits on our screens; I think Gary Neville's analysis is considered and thoughtful, and our very own Liam Rosenoir was superb when he was doing that stint on Sky for the Football League - not sure he'll be doing it anymore now that he's moved to Derby. I also agree with @NotAndyNaylor that Emma Hayes provides some insightful analysis, despite not having the profile that she arguably deserves. Otherwise the vast majority of pundits are all a bit 'meh'. Alex Scott is no worse than many of them - I'd actually place her above the likes of Shearer, Dixon and Owen (who I always find to be incredibly superficial in their analysis) and Martin Keown (who I'm sure can't be bothered to watch the games (beyond the highlights) that he's asked to comment on).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't rate her as a pundit, but that's true of most of male pundits too (I actually think Chelsea women's team manager Emma Hayes talks a lot of sense). What I object to is that she's everywhere, presumably denying other people work. Ditto 'comedian' Romesh Ranganathan. I actually saw a panel game the other night without him on and assumed there must be something wrong with my TV. At least the demise of This Week has reduced the amount of Michael Portillo on our screens.

Indeed. There's almost a new thread hatching here: 'people who are on TV too much'. There were 2 consecutive Keith Lemon shows on last night; that's 2 too many. On the pundit issue there must be SO many ex pros who could 'do a job' it makes you wonder how the contracts are allocated. And why we pay the likes of Lineker so much.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Been confirmed as a contestant on Strictly 2019. Is there anything this woman can't do??

Say the letter ' g ' for a start........." they have been livin the dream since the last World Cup and this is what they have all been workin towards, mornin, noon and night "

I’ve been saying noon all of my life.

Is it noong then? Or is it gnoon with a silent g? ???

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
The most important aspect of all this is leaving me wondering, can she make a good sandwich?

Love a cheese, cucumber and salad cream sandwich with nice fresh white bread.

:fishing:

top sandwich choice - I doff my cap sir

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How the hell does a Crodo thread turn into a debate about which females posters find attractive (or not)? I appreciate NSC is a male-dominated board, but jeez, some of these comments are a bit OTT. IMO, like.

But then we live in a world the deputy chief constable in charge of co-ordinating the Whaley Bridge evacuation operation is slaughtered because her hair is short and spiky, so... :shrug:

The football season can't start soon enough!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Since when did anyone take a Crodo thread seriously? That's the whole point shirley?

That's MY point. A tongue in cheek thread about someone going on Strictly has become a serious debate about the appearance (and quality) of female pundits/presenters. Like it MATTERS (the appearance bit, not the quality)?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Personally, I'm just pleased that there's a Strictly contestant this year who I've actually heard of.
I remember John Barnes appearing and one of the judges referred to him as a telly tubby [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Been installed by the bookies as 3/1 favourite for Strictly, the public absolutely adore her, I've already had a nibble on it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
She'll be well worth a gander in a nice skimpy Strictly dress with a slashed neckline plunging to the navel.

Sky+ at the ready.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
First time I’ve watched Goals On Sunday with her presenting. My god she is bad and that’s only after a few minutes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here