Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay / Trossard / Andone - front 3

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
On what has been seen in the pre season games I would prefer Locadia to Andone as he has looked the sharper of the two and offered more in terms of goals and assists to GM.

I wonder whether Izzy is expected to come back from this injury or not as we seem over filled with wide players even for a 25 man squad.

Did you actually watch the games BG? Locadia has been playing out wide. Andone more central. Not really in competition so far.

We have 3 fit wingers plus, as stated above, Locadia playing wide. Izzy makes it 4, which is exactly correct for our squad. Why conjecture he is never coming back from his injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
It's interesting how many of the top sides played 3 CB's a couple of seasons ago but have now reverted to a back 4. The main reason being it allows you more attacking options on the field

Also there is a dearth of quality CBs so the practicalities of 3 at the back are not to be underestimated.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If we go all Football Manager.

He could be an AMC in a 3-4-1-2 formation behind the strikers and ahead of the midfield. With freedom to roam and instigate attacks. I think this could be beneficial to him due to his lack of pace. He doesn't have to push as forward as the front 2 and wing backs, but can pick up loose balls from crosses and ping them out to the wings or thread the through balls from behind. Could be exciting.

This is exactly what I would like to see;

Ryan

Duffy Dunk Webster

Bernardo Stephens Propper March

Groß

Maupay Trossard

Love that line up 😍

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Love the thought of unearthing a new potent formation but even at thirty bloody five - Murray is our one, proven Premier League striker? If Potter starts with GM it will be for extremely good footballing reasons.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This thing about AJ getting a chance...
When? In which games? How do you give a player who is fifth choice a chance (save for injuries)? League cup maybe?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the two 'wide forward' positions, we are selecting from:

Andone
Trossard
March (when Bernardo reclaims his spot)
Groß
Locadia
Izquierdo (when fit)
Jahanbaksh

I can't see Jahanbaksh getting many chances to prove he can step up. Pressure on him to show a lot more, very quickly.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, I don't think the numbers add up.

Andone is straight through the middle.
Solly would appear to be a wingback.
Gross can appear anywhere.
Jose is gonna be out for a while.

Ali's in direct competition with Trossard (preseason would suggest that only going one way) and Big Jurg who appears to 'have the shirt'.

I think Ali will get a decent amount of chances, (if he's fit) esp through this first tranche of games, what he does with that opportunity is anybody's guess.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
This is exactly what I would like to see;

Ryan

Duffy Dunk Webster

Bernardo Stephens Propper March

Groß

Maupay Trossard

Love that line up ��

You just copied me;)

3-4-1-2 would also allow Bissouma to fit in as an alternative to Gross, being more box-to-box rather than Gross being more likely to stick to the attacking role.
And release his creativity, bloody hell i'm wet from all this

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Straight swops, Webster for Burns and Maupay for Locardia.
Cant see past this from Fridays line up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As much as I agree with the sentiment, I don't think the numbers add up.

Andone is straight through the middle.
Solly would appear to be a wingback.
Gross can appear anywhere.
Jose is gonna be out for a while.

Ali's in direct competition with Trossard (preseason would suggest that only going one way) and Big Jurg who appears to 'have the shirt'.

I think Ali will get a decent amount of chances, (if he's fit) esp through this first tranche of games, what he does with that opportunity is anybody's guess.

If we were playing Hughton's formation, with two proper wide players I'd agree. But we're not, and a fluid front-three definitely allows for Maupay, Locadia or Andone to be one of the 'wider' players. Only Murray is 'typecast' as ONLY down the middle, IMO.

(and thus, Alireza IS is competition with all three of those, as well as Trossard, March and (when fit) Izquierdo)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I doubt it. He'll get a chance at the albion until at least January.

This. I get the impression that one of the reasons for a change of manager was to see if A. N. Other could get a tune out of the big money signings. AJ will get a chance for a run of games, I reckon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here