Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay / Trossard / Andone - front 3

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any chance we’ll ever see these 3 start a premier league game as our front 3? The thought excites me.

Yes very lightweight and no height (under Potter shouldn’t matter so much) BUT the movement and pace would be amazing....

Just imagine...!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
This excites me, what we were crying out for Pace.
Solly seems to be forging a good relationship with Trossard, just need the midfield to quicken up a bit and its looking good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't see it myself.

There's the possibility that some of the aging centre backs will have to contend with a lively annoying chippy little ******* of a centre forward, only to have him replaced after an hour by an even more lively annoying chippy little ******* of a centre forward.

Which is nice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd rather see Trossard Maupay and a rejuvinated Gross . . . . or a confident AJ on the right . . . plenty of options, we just need top performances from them all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Intriguing to see where GP deploys Gross this season.
Mmm. Well he's not a winger. Not sure he's needed in GP's favoured formation, but then I don't know how many formations GP is planning to utilise.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

If we go all Football Manager.

He could be an AMC in a 3-4-1-2 formation behind the strikers and ahead of the midfield. With freedom to roam and instigate attacks. I think this could be beneficial to him due to his lack of pace. He doesn't have to push as forward as the front 2 and wing backs, but can pick up loose balls from crosses and ping them out to the wings or thread the through balls from behind. Could be exciting.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Glennn will still get plenty of game time, but with Trossard and Maupay buzzing around him should help greatly :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we go all Football Manager.

He could be an AMC in a 3-4-1-2 formation behind the strikers and ahead of the midfield. With freedom to roam and instigate attacks. I think this could be beneficial to him due to his lack of pace. He doesn't have to push as forward as the front 2 and wing backs, but can pick up loose balls from crosses and ping them out to the wings or thread the through balls from behind. Could be exciting.

What would your starting 11 be in that formation with Gross playing ? Can’t see Trossard being left out........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd rather see Trossard Maupay and a rejuvinated Gross . . . . or a confident AJ on the right . . . plenty of options, we just need top performances from them all.

For the two 'wide forward' positions, we are selecting from:

Andone
Trossard
March (when Bernardo reclaims his spot)
Groß
Locadia
Izquierdo (when fit)
Jahanbaksh

I can't see Jahanbaksh getting many chances to prove he can step up. Pressure on him to show a lot more, very quickly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trossard upfront? But i'm not actually sure why people are fixated on a single formation and a single line up. This would change dependent on the opposition, surely...

I’m not fixated...just interested what you would start with, with Gross in that formation. Trossard isn’t a striker......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Potter is in a difficult position with forward line. Don't play Murray and there is a shortfall in goals then fans will be screaming for Murray. He will almost certainly start with Murray in the early matches. That's obvious by the fact he was main striker in the pre season friendlies. I would do the opposite. I'd start with Andone because he will be suspended within 6 games anyhow

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I think he'll be a casualty of the formation change. He was brilliant playing behind Murray and roaming around the final third of the pitch in Hughton's version of 4-4-2 but i don't think he's got the pace to be part of a front three. If Gross could learn to tackle he'd make a great backup for Propper in the deep role.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I am curious to see where Bissouma fits into Potters formation once he is back fit. The bench is going to be looking pretty strong again this year.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
For the two 'wide forward' positions, we are selecting from:

Andone
Trossard
March (when Bernardo reclaims his spot)
Groß
Locadia
Izquierdo (when fit)
Jahanbaksh

I can't see Jahanbaksh getting many chances to prove he can step up. Pressure on him to show a lot more, very quickly.

I think you might find AJ out on loan by Thursday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here