Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

Customer Service, Whatever Happened To It?

0 Not allowed!
    Last Saturday morning, our much loved washing machine, after nearly twenty years of loyal service, turned up it's toes and died. Obviously with a new load of washing due to be done we needed a new one PDQ. So off we set for our local Currys in Horsham.

When we arrived, bearing in mind it was mid morning on a Saturday, pretty much what l would have expected to be the store's busiest time, there wasn't a soul to be seen, no customers and certainly no staff. Having located the new machine we were interested in buying l set out to try and locate a staff member. Eventually a young girl appeared, looked about 15 but must have been a bit older, and l asked her a question about the said washing machine, chewing gum she looked up at me and replied 'sorry l'm new, l dunno'. I proceeded to ask another question, her reply was the same. When l asked her if maybe there was someone else there who actually might know the answers to my not very difficult questions she thought for a moment and then replied, 'well there is always the manager but he is a bit of a ****'

Not believing for a moment that she had really said that l looked towards my wife, who's face confirmed that she had indeed used those words. Later on having consulted Mr. **** the manager, the young girl said to me 'l don't like working ere, it's borin'. Don't worry l replied I've a feeling you aren't going to be asked to work here for much longer anyway!

Customer service, a thing of the past?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So off we set for our local Currys in Horsham.
      There’s your mistake, right there........

If you know what you want, use AO.com

Great service, next day delivery and installation and probably cheaper.......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

11 Not allowed!
      So one Saturday kid is representative of all customer service, ever?
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

1 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      There’s your mistake, right there........

If you know what you want, use AO.com

Great service, next day delivery and installation and probably cheaper.......
      I'm somewhat old fashioned l'm afraid, like to see before l buy. Not too many places you can do that now, Carter's maybe, John Lewis. Don't mind paying a few pounds over the odds if l'm able to do that. It isn't so much the price l'm concerned about, l just like a bit of service for my buck.

It isn't just in Curry's this has happened either, there have been various other maybe not so extreme incidents in recent times too.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dick Swiveller View Post
      So one Saturday kid is representative of all customer service, ever?
      See my above post, there have been other instances of dire customer service too. It isn't just a one off.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      I'm somewhat old fashioned l'm afraid, like to see before l buy. Not too many places you can do that now, Carter's maybe, John Lewis. Don't mind paying a few pounds over the odds if l'm able to do that. It isn't so much the price l'm concerned about, l just like a bit of service for my buck.

It isn't just in Curry's this has happened either, there have been various other maybe not so extreme incidents in recent times too.
      Wander round Curry’s, choose what you want then go home and order it if their service stinks that much.......?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm having problems with our new integrated fridge/freezer from Currys/PC World. A few weeks back my wife noticed there was a hole at the bottom of each door. One hole has tape across it, the other you can see the kitchen door foam exposed. I'm going to have to call Hotpoint round and get them to verify what they are. If we have been given a set of test doors i'm going to ask for new doors or a complete new fridge freezer, I'm saying to myself good luck on this one. Should have gone AO like I did for our washing machine.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Wander round Curry’s, choose what you want then go home and order it if their service stinks that much.......?
      Yes l know l can do that, it doesn't make this total lack of good customer service right though!