Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Customer Service, Whatever Happened To It?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Curry's are absolutely dreadful for customer service. After years of complaints, their solution to the problem wasn't to improve it - instead, they've created a sort of separate company called 'Team Knowhow' which is now responsible for their delivery and customer service network. The idea is that they can now continue to be absolutely appalling, but it avoids dragging the Curry's name into it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't fault the Customer Service at Argos.

Couple of years back, bought a laptop from Western Road store. Got it home, unpacked it, and noticed the screen was all warped with bubbles on it. Stormed back to store and angrily explained the fault to Customer Service lady. She listened sympathetically, then asked to see laptop. Held it up to the light then slowly, ever so slowly, a bit TOO slowly if you ask me, peeled off the hitherto-undetected-by-customer layer of plastic covering the screen :eek:

Maintaining an impressively straight face, subsequent conversation went like this:

Customer Service Lady: "I've not seen you today sir"
Customer: "No, I've not left my home today"

:facepalm: :blush:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Last Saturday morning, our much loved washing machine, after nearly twenty years of loyal service, turned up it's toes and died. Obviously with a new load of washing due to be done we needed a new one PDQ. So off we set for our local Currys in Horsham.

When we arrived, bearing in mind it was mid morning on a Saturday, pretty much what l would have expected to be the store's busiest time, there wasn't a soul to be seen, no customers and certainly no staff. Having located the new machine we were interested in buying l set out to try and locate a staff member. Eventually a young girl appeared, looked about 15 but must have been a bit older, and l asked her a question about the said washing machine, chewing gum she looked up at me and replied 'sorry l'm new, l dunno'. I proceeded to ask another question, her reply was the same. When l asked her if maybe there was someone else there who actually might know the answers to my not very difficult questions she thought for a moment and then replied, 'well there is always the manager but he is a bit of a ****'

Not believing for a moment that she had really said that l looked towards my wife, who's face confirmed that she had indeed used those words. Later on having consulted Mr. **** the manager, the young girl said to me 'l don't like working ere, it's borin'. Don't worry l replied I've a feeling you aren't going to be asked to work here for much longer anyway!

Customer service, a thing of the past?
What do you expect? these companies pay peanuts and get monkeys I wouldn’t really be enthusiastic on £8hr.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Can't fault the Customer Service at Argos.

Couple of years back, bought a laptop from Western Road store. Got it home, unpacked it, and noticed the screen was all warped with bubbles on it. Stormed back to store and angrily explained the fault to Customer Service lady. She listened sympathetically, then asked to see laptop. Held it up to the light then slowly, ever so slowly, a bit TOO slowly if you ask me, peeled off the hitherto-undetected-by-customer layer of plastic covering the screen :eek:

Maintaining an impressively straight face, subsequent conversation went like this:

Customer Service Lady: "I've not seen you today sir"
Customer: "No, I've not left my home today"

:facepalm: :blush:

Also recently purchased a laptop from Argos and saved 100 pound on the Currys PC world price for the same machine . :thumbsup:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I live in Abu Dhabi and customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The CS is much better in the UK is much better, examples ohis summer include a university student working in a pub for the summer, friendly and helpful. A print shop in Hay on Wye where they made us feel so welcome, a little Gallery in Hereford, the lady knew all the artist represented and spoke so enthusiastically. An Indian restaurant in Chippenham where the manager came and chatted for 15 minutes. Currys obviously need to their game as it is one of the only advantages they have with face to face service especially with the older generations who rightly put a lot stock on good service.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cowfold me old mate you need to understand the rules of posting general opinions on here, if you had posted “Customer Service Alive and well in (insert company name here) the cretinous individuals that stalk these type of threads would be suggesting the complete opposite [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yep l've been on this site long enought to have known better! :bowdown:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
When l asked her if maybe there was someone else there who actually might know the answers to my not very difficult questions she thought for a moment and then replied, 'well there is always the manager but he is a bit of a ****'

I love that she thought it through before answering that. I'd have pissed myself laughing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here