Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's presence influential in latest signings

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
TLDR: ... not really, both clubs still attract young players, but partly because Potter previously had success, and in Swanseas case partly because they signed fraud Steve Cooper as manager (ask any Swans fan and they'll tell you he is as bad as he is ugly).

It's very unkind to comment on an individuals appearance.
Luke Chadwick has recently stated how hurtful he found that to be. I'd like to think that we now live in a kinder and more understanding world.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
They also signed Ugly Steve Cooper, who won the U17 World Cup as manager for England in 2017. He used his connections to loan a number of his former youth internationals such as Marc Guehi & Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Rhian Brewster (Liverpool), Sam Surridge (Bournemouth) and Ben Wilmots (Watford). So I cant really say their ability to attract youth players diminished. As for actually "signing" them, it wouldnt be possible as the club is bankrupt and very likely to enter administration once play-off hope is gone.

Do you think Rhian Brewster is a player that would suit Brighton?
And if so, is there any way you think we could sign him on loan or permanently?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's very unkind to comment on an individuals appearance.
Luke Chadwick has recently stated how hurtful he found that to be. I'd like to think that we now live in a kinder and more understanding world.

I very rarely do it and only with public figures. Also if he was like 20 as with Chadwick when he got that treatment, I wouldnt. Overall I agree with you though and its definitely a bit evil & nasty from me to comment on his looks.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think he is a player very likely to suit any Premier League team in the not too distant future. I cant see Liverpool selling him, but a loan deal for next season - why not.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Northern Sweden is a nice place to visit, but living there - in complete darkness for about nine months a year - is very rough even for those who have lived there all their lives.

December & January are a bit dark in Ostersund, but even by end of Jan there are more than 7 hours of daylight a day. And the ski runs are all illuminated anyway :)

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Thankfully Ashworth and Potter make recruitment decisions, not us.

I do worry a bit about Ashworth. His judgment isn't flawless - he hired Aidy Boothroyd as England U21 manager and wanted us to sign Dominic Solanke.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Dodged a bullet with Solanke. A coup for Liverpool getting £19m.

fc30e9b6a13c6620a17f4520af95519b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

If he was in the situation of Lamptey yes he very much could. Trouble is he has made the mistake of signing a 4 year deal with Liverpool so any loan would just be us finishing a strikers experience for Liverpool. Why should we do that? We should be forcing the situation for the next time and point to Lamptey and Brewster and say you can come here as our player.

We should be looking for players that want first team football not content to be a bench boy when they should be gaining invaluable experience. Props to all the youngsters that have gone for less money initially and taken a chance with other clubs.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If he was in the situation of Lamptey yes he very much could. Trouble is he has made the mistake of signing a 4 year deal with Liverpool so any loan would just be us finishing a strikers experience for Liverpool. Why should we do that? We should be forcing the situation for the next time and point to Lamptey and Brewster and say you can come here as our player.

We should be looking for players that want first team football not content to be a bench boy when they should be gaining invaluable experience. Props to all the youngsters that have gone for less money initially and taken a chance with other clubs.

Dortmund have gained a lot of credit for taking Jadon Sancho and developing him, there is talk of other young English players heading there this summer because they want to be at a club that gives youth a chance. I would love us to have such a reputation and a few more players like Lamptey would be incredible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here