Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
It’s the fault of the pandemic apparently. Nothing to do with them repeatedly gambling with FFP (and losing) every season using creative accounting in an attempt to get into the promised land of the EPL. Looks like they’ll be doing some time in League One for their troubles now. A lot of time.
Even worse they blame the EFL for challenging their accounting methods and stadium sales which led to a takeover bid failing. They really seem to have no shame, the atmosphere should be toxic but the fans will probably see Derby as the victims of a conspiracy.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't think we can blame Mr Potato Head for this one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not unless he changes his name to Mel Morris.

The administrator due to be appointed has 'history' too and it is not good.

https://www.accountancyage.com/2012/05/04/hacker-youngs-andronikou-severely-reprimanded/

The instant I opened that link I knew the name. I was wondering if it was from some kind of dodgy programme like Watchdog or about bailiffs. Then I read the last line and all became clear.

Andronikou became well-known as a joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club.

Oh dear.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You have to admire the way 'Wazza' has gone about his business this season. Nobody gave Derby a chance, and yet there they are currently sitting pretty halfway up the league with some notable scalps already. He's done a magnificent job for them and his stock has risen, I think if a bigger EFL job came along he would be on his way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am beginning to look upon Wayne a little bit differently this season.

Initially l just thought him to be a bit of chancer, fancied having a go at management, and got the gig at Derby purely through his past abilities as a player, and because he was a "name".

Having said that, l think he has worked really hard, both last season, and especially this, to try and keep Derby in the Championship, not helped at all by what has been happening in the boardroom, or by a transfer embargo and a lack of players.

It will be interesting to see how long he remains at the helm, and what happens to him afterwards. You may well be winning a sceptic over Wayne.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What a fantastic season by Derby considering the chaos.

I actually hope they get rewarded for their hard work and miraculously stay up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wazza doing a quite sensational job and you look at the talent they've let go, the likes of Dwayne Holmes who looks an absolute superstar at Huddersfield, Mason Bennett, Richard Keogh ..

They've got a real chance of staying up if they can get a new owner across the line in January.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If it wasn’t for a bunch of their fans acting like complete wankers I’d have liked them to stay up. I still would like to see them go down. However still have to applaud how well they are doing this season. CKR getting back to back winners for them after coming off the bench.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
He seems to be holding his own against all the odds, but can't say I'm too fussed either way for their fans getting relegated. Rooney is destined for a much more stable management post somewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here