Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Das,

You're better than this mate. "Once you're in a hole, stop digging!"

No he isn't. He really isn't.

Edit: I see [MENTION=36111]Klaas[/MENTION] beat me to it.

Jan 30, 2008
Das,

You're better than this mate. "Once you're in a hole, stop digging!"

Not really , it's a valid point that was brought to my attention , I thought I 'd throw it out there to gauge people's feelings, some half decent reply's mixed in with a few arse lickers comments , it's been interesting
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really , it's a valid point that was brought to my attention , I thought I 'd throw it out there to gauge people's feelings, some half decent reply's mixed in with a few arse lickers comments , it's been interesting
regards
DR

What was 'brought to your attention', exactly, though? That the crowd for one PRE-SEASON FREINDLY included a lot of women and children? :shrug:

It isn't exactly earth-shattering is it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Arse licker" = anyone who doesn't agree with the board's resident Yaxley-Lennon disciple.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Are women, children and nerds going to football a problem?

Edit: I can only see it being a problem if who used to go to football and what they did whilst there/on their way, defined you as a person, particularly a male person/lad.

You are likely going through a chronic existential crisis; it would explain a lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's already happening but I guess you don't want to see it ?
regards
DR

Oh I can see it (arguably already largely happened ??).........just not sure what the 'peril' is. It's 'sanitisation' really I suppose - or moving forward, or modernisation, or cleaning up rather than 'peril' though isn't it ? Safer, more appealing to the masses (so more money through the turnstiles/shop etc keeping that nice Mr Barber happy), in line with the 'EPL Global Brand' etc - not to everyone's taste I know though but there's only a fast-declining minority harking back to the old days

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
In terms of partisan support, we've had some absolutely belting atmospheres at The Amex and I don't see that changing much. There will continue to be games where a combination of elements like the football being played, the importance of the game, something controversial, who we're playing etc will lift it to spine-tingling at times just as much as it did on occasions (and it was only occasions) at The Goldstone, the only element largely missing being crowd trouble.

Personally I'd love to see safe standing, cheaper tickets that groups of younger folk could buy at the 'gate' and get in together on the day and make some noise, and less pre-match music / nonsense in order to further improve the atmosphere, but it's unlikely we'll get any of that in the PL or Championship, which is a shame. Rightly or wrongly football in this country is now very much branded foremost as family-friendly entertainment and no top CEO is going to do anything that they think risks detracting from that. So the marketing of the club will concentrate on those elements, but PB is wise enough to know that football without atmosphere isn't worth much to anyone, he knows men of a certain age are the ones drinking most of the beer on sale, he knows the players feed off a lively atmosphere, so I honestly don't believe there is any agenda to try and exclude or put off more partisan elements, as long as they don't break club and ground rules or the law in general.

PS - if someone could actually get The North Stand factions to sing the same songs at the same time that would also help.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here