Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women , your kids and Nerds

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Care to address the original Question rather than a limp wristed swerve ?
Regards
DR

My, you are on form today.

Are you interested in football ? Once it stopped being proper nawty you stopped going didn't you ?

So...

You have a problem with women going to football. You don't like kids going to football and I guess nerds are right out.

Is it okay for ethnic minorities or people with disabilities to attend ? Asking for a couple of friends, like.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
heard from a reliable source on friday that the Amex is being taken over by three different group types, Oh well good bye to partisan Support at the club then ,is This Paul Barbers mission statement ?
Regards
DR

Cool story bro.

:whistle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm wide awake mate , even you must be aware of what's happening at the Amex
regards
DR

Don't worry DR, as alluded to in another thread, there are still plenty of coked-up wannabe hoolies attending to add a nice bit of 'edge' to the atmosphere (by 'edge' I of course mean being complete dicks stuck in a time-warp generally pissing off everyone else who have turned up with the crazy idea of just enjoying themselves rather then enacting some sort of tribal ritual in order to assert their masculinity).

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Care to address the original Question rather than a limp wristed swerve ?
Regards
DR

I think you need to go back to the drawing board and re think your question. By your own admission you have already clarified that you didn’t mean all kids just those that aren’t obviously interested in the match (although you will need to be more specific on inclusion and exclusion criteria ). You will need to do the same for the other two categories (“women” “nerds “).

Your question also has another flaw that needs to be addressed - namely how are you defining partisan support?

Until you have looked at this there is no point in giving your question any thought.......

Jan 30, 2008
Don't worry DR, as alluded to in another thread, there are still plenty of coked-up wannabe hoolies attending to add a nice bit of 'edge' to the atmosphere (by 'edge' I of course mean being complete dicks stuck in a time-warp generally pissing off everyone else who have turned up with the crazy idea of just enjoying themselves rather then enacting some sort of tribal ritual in order to assert their masculinity).
What's that got to do with my OP ???
are you capable of giving me an answer???
Regards
DR

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Your question also has another flaw that needs to be addressed - namely how are you defining partisan support?

gettyimages-456437906-594x594-1.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
I think you need to go back to the drawing board and re think your question. By your own admission you have already clarified that you didn’t mean all kids just those that aren’t obviously interested in the match (although you will need to be more specific on inclusion and exclusion criteria ). You will need to do the same for the other two categories (“women” “nerds “).

Until you have looked at this there is no point in giving your question any thought.......

Yes, is This a Paul barber mission statement , driving away certain customers for a more target driven Audience ?
regards
DR

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
What's that got to do with my OP ???
are you capable of giving me an answer???
Regards
DR

Ok, I'll indulge you. It's a question of scale. In crowds of 6k to 14k playing lower league football there will be a higher % of what you would define as 'partisan' support. In the PL, with crowds over double that, it is completely natural and obvious to anyone not stuck in the 1980s that the demographic will change. Whether that makes the match day experience better or worse very much depends on your world view. Is it PB's mission? Well, if you mean is making the club more profitable and inclusive at the same time then the answer is of course yes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He would have posted at 9 o clock this morning but he's had to clear the Kleenex up after watching the clip of Liverpool fans v Man City fans on the tube 738 times

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

None of that is relevant to his question. The only question in his opening post was 'Is this Barber's mission statement?'

The answer is 'no'.

Great thread :shrug:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Yes, is This a Paul barber mission statement , driving away certain customers for a more target driven Audience ?
regards
DR

I think you will find the vast majority of STHs probably haven’t change over the years at the Amex. Certainly haven’t where I sit.

The majority of the crowd is still made up of adult males but compared to the 80s and 90s there is undoubtedly more women and children / not sure about nerds - but as being a nerd is no longer a thing of ridicule then I suspect there are more people who are comfortable to identify as being a nerd (and good luck to them I say).

So to answer your question- there is a general trend (not exclusive to the Albion ) to encourage increased inclusivity - my answer back is so what???? The atmosphere in the Amex can be fantastic- but this is more to do with what is happening on the pitch than who happens to be in the stand.

I again come back to your rather strange and narrow view of the world - you obviously pigeon hole people into boxes - I would not want to experience the world as you do......,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
heard from a reliable source on friday that the Amex is being taken over by three different group types, Oh well good bye to partisan Support at the club then ,is This Paul Barbers mission statement ?
Regards
DR

When you say 'taken over', what do you mean? Are you suggesting that Tony Bloom is selling the club? Source?

In saying 'good bye to partisan Support', what happens to all the current, long-term season ticket holders? Are they passing on their places to 'women , your kids and Nerds'? If so, I'd better make sure Mrs C is around to take the boys...

In answer to your question, I would say no, what you've written is NOT Paul Barber's mission statement because a) it barely makes any sense and b) it's about 300 words too short.

Hope this helps,

GB

Jan 30, 2008
Ok, I'll indulge you. It's a question of scale. In crowds of 6k to 14k playing lower league football there will be a higher % of what you would define as 'partisan' support. In the PL, with crowds over double that, it is completely natural and obvious to anyone not stuck in the 1980s that the demographic will change. Whether that makes the match day experience better or worse very much depends on your world view. Is it PB's mission? Well, if you mean is making the club more profitable and inclusive at the same time then the answer is of course yes.

Thanks for your reply , is it something that people are happy with in the long term though ,I speak to quite a few people who are disillusioned with the over all match day experience some who have given up on their season tickets
regards
DR

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
None of that is relevant to his question. The only question in his opening post was 'Is this Barber's mission statement?'

The answer is 'no'.

Great thread :shrug:

It is relevant because without defining what he means by partisan and being clear on why he has chosen the 3 groups (unless of course Paul Barber’s mission statement specifically identifies these) then the question cannot be addressed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He would have posted at 9 o clock this morning but he's had to clear the Kleenex up after watching the clip of Liverpool fans v Man City fans on the tube 738 times

This.

He'll have wanked it down to a bloodied stump by now. The poor bedraggled appendage is in dire need of a bit of respite, hence the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here