Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women , your kids and Nerds

Jan 30, 2008
Oh I can see it (arguably already largely happened ??).........just not sure what the 'peril' is. It's 'sanitisation' really I suppose - or moving forward, or modernisation, or cleaning up rather than 'peril' though isn't it ? Safer, more appealing to the masses (so more money through the turnstiles/shop etc keeping that nice Mr Barber happy), in line with the 'EPL Global Brand' etc - not to everyone's taste I know though but there's only a fast-declining minority harking back to the old days

Yes it's called conditioning the masses? Shame that so many are falling for it hook line and sinker , Barbers got them feeding from his hand
regards
DR

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Yes it's called conditioning the masses? Shame that so many are falling for it hook line and sinker , Barbers got them feeding from his hand
regards
DR

I have not followed the entirety of this thread having offered my opinion earlier on but I just want to check a couple things:

1) have you clearly defined what you are considering as partisan support.

2) are you referring to all women , all kids and all nerds ? Are you calling for an adult male only attendance and not only that , they should not overtly display any interest in academic or similar pursuits. OR are you happy for those kids , women and nerds who demonstrate partisan support ( assuming you have clearly defined what you mean by this) to still attend matches.

As I say , if you have already clarified these points then I apologise for not reading through this entire thread BUT if you haven’t, then your original premise cannot be properly discussed.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
regards
DR

Not really - it's appealing to a different market isn't it ? Don't think anyone is 'falling for it' - no-one is forced to go............

Jan 30, 2008
I have not followed the entirety of this thread having offered my opinion earlier on but I just want to check a couple things:

2) are you referring to all women , all kids and all nerds ? Are you calling for an adult male only attendance and not only that , they should not overtly display any interest in academic or similar pursuits. OR are you happy for those kids , women and nerds who demonstrate partisan support ( assuming you have clearly defined what you mean by this) to still attend matches.

As I say , if you have already clarified these points then I apologise for not reading through this entire thread BUT if you haven’t, then your original premise cannot be properly discussed.......

1tst two team Charlie's attending Brighton games

2nd young kids not interested and often bored

3rd Women influencing the club as to what is and isn't acceptable fan behaviour (screaming for a Policeman) type behaviour
Hope that helps
Regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

3rd Women influencing the club as to what is and isn't acceptable fan behaviour (screaming for a Policeman) type behaviour
Hope that helps
Regards
DR

One woman at an away game, doesn't influence the club policy.
That woman worked extremely hard for the club, stood up to Bellotti, even when he physically threatened her, and has more guts in her little finger than you,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Hope that helps
Regards
DR

You admit you don't go to the Amex so why do you give a ****?
I suppose it's a bit like you not paying taxes but still expecting a say in how councils are run.
You're a man who contributes nothing and expects to be taken seriously. You are the worst type of person Britain has to offer. An utter mess.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You admit you don't go to the Amex so why do you give a ****?
I suppose it's a bit like you not paying taxes but still expecting a say in how councils are run.
You're a man who contributes nothing and expects to be taken seriously. You are the worst type of person Britain has to offer. An utter mess.

A no team Charlie.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
That woman worked extremely hard for the club, stood up to Bellotti, even when he physically threatened her, and has more guts in her little finger than you,

Well said.

I have decided not to post anymore on this thread.
Pretty pink fairy has a myopic view on life - I fear that he lacks the intellect and empathy required to even consider what happens beyond the four walls of his very sheltered existence. Therefore I refuse to waste any more of my energy and time on this.........

Jan 30, 2008

Touchy , did i say something wrong? care to address the other two issues
Regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh I can see it (arguably already largely happened ??).........just not sure what the 'peril' is. It's 'sanitisation' really I suppose - or moving forward, or modernisation, or cleaning up rather than 'peril' though isn't it ? Safer, more appealing to the masses (so more money through the turnstiles/shop etc keeping that nice Mr Barber happy), in line with the 'EPL Global Brand' etc - not to everyone's taste I know though but there's only a fast-declining minority harking back to the old days

I've got a few mates that go to watch Whitehawk because they prefer the less sanitised side of things. I can see the appeal.

As you say though people are going to be left behind as we move into the brave new world. There is plenty I would change about modern football and it is a shame that people feel alienated but ultimately it is up to them to find what works for them.

I wish PPF the best of luck in finding it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well said.

I have decided not to post anymore on this thread.
Pretty pink fairy has a myopic view on life - I fear that he lacks the intellect and empathy required to even consider what happens beyond the four walls of his very sheltered existence. Therefore I refuse to waste any more of my energy and time on this.........

This. I feel daft that I responded to his obvious goading. We live and learn.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I never, ever attend pre-season games, because I DON'T particularly care for the 'experience'. Those that went, report that it was pretty good though, so good luck to them.

Likewise. Only the 2nd one I've been to in my life.

But for me, it was the PERFECT game to take my son (who is 8) for his first experience of watching a Brighton game live.

And I guess I wasn't the only one - loads of dads, mums and grandparents with their young sons/daughters in Brighton kit at the game last Friday. And it was great to see.

We lost a generation when playing in Gillingham/Withdean but the chance for younger fans, my son included, to get the 'Brighton' bug live at a young age in a safe environment is a good thing, no?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really - it's appealing to a different market isn't it ? Don't think anyone is 'falling for it' - no-one is forced to go............

You say 'different' market. I think the correct term is 'wider'.

But whilst the evolution of our national game that our resident Green Street fantasist bemoans, DOES indeed mean the game appeals to a wider market, I believe he's bang wrong to assert that broader appeal is the single driving force of that change. A lot of the changes he sees as negative have been natural - in line with society's views.

Threatening behaviour isn't considered acceptable - even pathetic, faux 'hold-me-back' threats of violence. Throwing missiles at opposition fans or players is not tolerated. Racist, homophobic or aggressively sexist behaviour is not tolerated. Those changes will all have contributed to the game's wider appeal, but they have not been made with that in mind - more just because it isn't considered acceptable to act like a complete ****.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Likewise. Only the 2nd one I've been to in my life.

But for me, it was the PERFECT game to take my son (who is 8) for his first experience of watching a Brighton game live.

And I guess I wasn't the only one - loads of dads, mums and grandparents with their young sons/daughters in Brighton kit at the game last Friday. And it was great to see.

We lost a generation when playing in Gillingham/Withdean but the chance for younger fans, my son included, to get the 'Brighton' bug live at a young age in a safe environment is a good thing, no?

Just spare a thought for the hoolie fanboys that are being squeezed out in order to accomodate the "women, children and nerds" that make game days a positive family experience for all.

Won't someone think of the hooligans. :cry:

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Should we file you under the nerds category then?? :wink:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just spare a thought for the hoolie fanboys that are being squeezed out in order to accomodate the "women, children and nerds" that make game days a positive family experience for all.

Won't someone think of the hooligans. :cry:

e22ae9c3208595d1fd45e40b384b97f7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here