Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BT Sport - 'The Script'

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
BT have released a 'Script' based on lots of data on how they think the Premier League will unravel this year:

http://btsport.com/thescript

Some interesting data-driven stuff in there. Lots of stuff, final positions, goalscorers, assists, derbies, golden gloves, two pages on every Prem team and more.

Some of it may be a load of tosh in your opinion though. :D

Summary for the Brighton stuff:

• Table at Christmas 19th: W3, D3, L11, GF13, GA30, GD-17, PTS 15 (2 from safety)
  • Final position 16th: W12, D4, L22, GF31, GA51, GD-20, PTS 40 (3 from safety)

• Clean sheets: 10 (Joint 8th, with Spurs)

• Only 5 teams occupy first place this season: Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool and the two Manchesters

• Brighton the only team to spend a gameweek in both first and last place over the 2019/20 season. We spend more gameweeks (1) at the top of the table than Arsenal and Spurs (0) all season.

• Palace Derbies: 4-1 Palace away and 0-1 loss at home, first league double for Palace over Brighton since 1932.

• 0-4 win against Watford first day, we go top. Narrow wins vs West Ham and Southampton (both 1-0) and we are top on GW3 with six goals and non conceded.

• Fall 'off a cliff' from GW4-17. Man City smash us, back to back draws with Burnley and Newcastle. 'The steepest slide of any team all season sets in' (Typical Brighton!) "14 games without a win. Seven defeats on the spin. Spurs and Man Utd fill their boots. So do Crystal Palace' We score just 5 and concede 30.

• Back from the Brink? GW18-23. 119-day wait for a win after we smash Sheffield United. Climbing off the table just in time for Christmas. But back to the bottom after Spurs beat us 5 days later.

• By mid-January "The lack of goals within the side is painfully obvious. A 36 yo Murray remains the biggest threat'. Only Burnley (31) score fewer goals than Brighton (33) in 19/20.

• Just about enough GW 24-38. 4 wins in a row against Bournemouth, West Ham, Watford and Sheffield United send us 8 points clear of the drop. Followed by a defeat at Palace then a run of 4 defeats leaves the cushion at 2 points. A result against Man United and their 'Amex Curse' followed by wins of Norwich and Newcastle give us the 40 point mark.
  • The run in, form GW17-38
    1. Murray: Goals 6, assists 8
    2. Trossard: Goals 6, assists 8
    3. Montoya, Goals 2, assists 7

What are they smoking in the BT Sport studios?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Someone did this last week. Cant be arsed to find the thread though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
well that's saved me a lot of time going to matches, if only i'd known i wouldn't have renewed my season ticket. Still I can now spend my match days doing something else

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I really, really want to understand the parameters these machines learning things use.

It also seems really confused. We go from having a very good defence (10 clean sheets) to conceding 30 over about 10 games?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
well that's saved me a lot of time going to matches, if only i'd known i wouldn't have renewed my season ticket. Still I can now spend my match days doing something else

FFS can we put "spoiler alert" in the thread title for these please.

Completely ruined the season for me now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Utter b0llocks. Somebody actually being paid by the TV license sat down and came up with this utter shite. Unbelievable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A complete waste of time to write that crap. An even bigger waste of time for anyone to read it.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
The bookies will go bust with all of this data floating about. I'm no gambler, but with all of this insider information I just cant see how I wont make thousands.

I know I should wait until the money is in my account but I think I may just quit my job now. Mrs Casper will be thrilled

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The second half of our season is going to be LIT. See you in January.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really, really want to understand the parameters these machines learning things use.

what ever they want to get the outcome expected. and then adjust it as they go.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The more I see of these previews – and, to a greater extent – this 'script – the less I understand. I'm trying to think of a comparable situation – possibly like someone telling you in great detail what a two-week holiday to some exotic location is going to be like. But a) why the cock would you want someone to tell you and b) as if it's likely to all be true. Yes, it stands to reason that the top clubs are easier to call than the bottom, but even so, there are surprises along the way. Why can't people just let the football play out (literally) without all the pantomime with it?

Is it really (as I've concluded before) just a big PR exercise for BT Sport or are there people out there who actually want to know all this bobbins?

Not for me, Clive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here