Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I would love it if Aston Villa......................... ...........

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Lose their first 5 games. All i hear all the time is their fans harping on that they will finish top 10.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Definitely an air of MASSIVE about their fans like they have returned to where they have a right to be. They were off the championship leaders by some distance last season and the scatter gun window will leave them with a squad that takes time to gel. Could all easily go very very wrong.

That said probably only 1/100th of how bad it would have been if Leeds champions of Europe had got promoted

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Classic example of a club who were really big but have fallen away but many in the support & media refuse to accept the fact.

See also; Massive, Newcastle, Dirty Leeds

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They've signed 12 first team players. 50% of the squad. From the outside it seems odd looking at their last season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
All i hear all the time is their fans harping on that they will finish top 10.

It's not impossible. In the last 20 years teams promoted through the play offs have made the top ten on three occasions. West Ham did it twice, finishing 10th in 2013 & 9th in 2006. Ipswich finished 5th in 2000. On eleven occasions the play off winners have been relegated immediately. Following their fifth place finish in 2000, Ipswich were relegated the following season.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
got a feeling they will do a wolves this season depending how quickly all their new players take to bed in.

Wolves walked the Championship with a team of players who had or were capable of playing Champions League before they added to it over the summer. Villa in contrast, scraped through the play offs and have bought players who are largely unproven in the PL and would certainly appear to be overpriced. They are bottom 6 material.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Wolves walked the Championship with a team of players who had or were capable of playing Champions League before they added to it over the summer. Villa in contrast, scraped through the play offs and have bought players who are largely unproven in the PL and would certainly appear to be overpriced. They are bottom 6 material.

This.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They've signed 12 first team players. 50% of the squad. From the outside it seems odd looking at their last season.

They had a lot of players on loan and have lost a few. They've had to rebuild which is why they have spent so much.

As others have said, not comparable to Wolves at all, more Fulham.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I used to admire Villa, with their heritage and huge support/stadium, but the way their fans celebrated (I was in the home end) denying us the championship title a couple of years ago makes me want this season to be a complete balls up for them

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Lose their first 5 games. All i hear all the time is their fans harping on that they will finish top 10.

Are there a lot of Villa fans in Liverpool? I presume that's why your username is scouse?

For balance, I haven't heard one single Villa fan say anything.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I used to admire Villa, with their heritage and huge support/stadium, but the way their fans celebrated (I was in the home end) denying us the championship title a couple of years ago makes me want this season to be a complete balls up for them
This

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I know a Villa fan well, the 'we are a big club' was boosted with the new £zillions. Hopefully, as I sense, it hasn't been spent too well.

Fulham Mk II hopefully.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here