Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I would love it if Aston Villa......................... ...........

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
....draw us in the FA Cup and get roundly thrashed.

el punal

I used to admire Villa, with their heritage and huge support/stadium, but the way their fans celebrated (I was in the home end) denying us the championship title a couple of years ago makes me want this season to be a complete balls up for them

I love Villa Park, I don’t mind Villa as a team, but their fans come across as the most miserable bunch of tossers I’ve experienced in ages. When we played them in the Cup back 2010 Villa were in the semi-finals of the League Cup, were in the top six in the PL, and riding high under Martin O’Neill. Chatting to a group of them you’d think they’d just been relegated - they were just so bloody negative about everything to do with Villa. At the time Randy Lerner was pouring stacks of dosh into the club and he even bought the fans a pub close to Villa Park as a supporters club venue. Ungrateful or what. :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wolves walked the Championship with a team of players who had or were capable of playing Champions League before they added to it over the summer. Villa in contrast, scraped through the play offs and have bought players who are largely unproven in the PL and would certainly appear to be overpriced. They are bottom 6 material.

What?

Who doesn't think Tyrone Mings - a players not good enough to get near the PLB starting XI - is worth £20m? Absolute BARGAIN.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Lose their first 5 games. All i hear all the time is their fans harping on that they will finish top 10.

Is it ok if i don't give a f*ck about Aston Villa. Why are people so obsessed with them ?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I would love it if Aston Villa.....finish below us but above Palace and Burnley

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Judas Jota walking out on Birmingham was bad enough but crossing the road to go to Scum was unforgivable.

They'll draw each other in one of the cups. The hatred up there is one of the fiercest derbies in Britain.

I cannot wait for the 2nd of November....."sh!t on the Villa, sh!t on the Villa tonight, Sh!t. On. The. Villa! Everybody sh!t on the Villa, cos they're a load of sh!te!"

Sorry, getting carried away there. :)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Are any of the players they’ve signed actually any good? Looking through the list, I think a lot of them will struggle at this level. They’ll have to rely on Grealish to keep them up I think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No matter what Jack Grealish does with his hair, it looks really, really, really stupid.

That's all I have to add re: Aston Villa at this time.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Their performance v Spurs was EXACTLY as i expected.

Give ball to Grealish, watch him get tackled. Repeat to fade.

I thought they reminded me of us against the big six in lacking much ambition beyond a truly hopeful play/punt (like their goal). Which bodes well for them struggling over the 38 games.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Are any of the players they’ve signed actually any good? Looking through the list, I think a lot of them will struggle at this level. They’ll have to rely on Grealish to keep them up I think.

McGinn looks decent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here