Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I would love it if Aston Villa......................... ...........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their performance v Spurs was EXACTLY as i expected.

Give ball to Grealish, watch him get tackled. Repeat to fade.

I thought they reminded me of us against the big six in lacking much ambition beyond a truly hopeful play/punt (like their goal). Which bodes well for them struggling over the 38 games.

Bit harsh. I thought they looked pretty good for an hour at Spurs, they certainly showed a HELL of a lot more ambition than our own desperate park-the-bus-from-the-first-minute performance there in the spring. Eventually they got overrun as you'd expect, but they did at least get on the front foot when they could, and made it an entertaining game to watch.

Dean Smith is a good manager. I reckon they'll be alright this season, once he settles on his best XI (which may take a while, given the churn there this summer).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bit harsh. I thought they looked pretty good for an hour at Spurs, they certainly showed a HELL of a lot more ambition than our own desperate park-the-bus-from-the-first-minute performance there in the spring. Eventually they got overrun as you'd expect, but they did at least get on the front foot when they could, and made it an entertaining game to watch.

Dean Smith is a good manager. I reckon they'll be alright this season, once he settles on his best XI (which may take a while, given the churn there this summer).

Hmm maybe a tad harsh but think the Spurs underperformance accounts for Villa’s showing personally. Think they had two good players in McGinn and El Ghazi the rest will flatter to deceive I expect.

Much rests on them keeping Smith no matter what as he’ll get the best out of the squad for sure but whether a trigger happy Chairman with ambitions to have Terry as Manager May not allow him that chance.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dean Smith just said the players won't be fazed by a full house as the last few games of last season were sold out so the players will be used to it. Has the wealth of new signings passed him by? :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jack Grealish set a record for most consecutive PL appearances of losses - with 11.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just teething problems according to a Villa supporting relative. Still reckons they'll finish 10+ points ahead of us but said there were clearly nerves as many of the players aren't used to playing at such a big club with massive crowds and it weighed on them having gone behind so early. He tihnks the board won't have much patience with Smith if he doesn't turn it round quickly and with the likes of Mourinho and Allegri available they will move swiftly if Smith doesn't turn it around as the aim is 7th or above.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just teething problems according to a Villa supporting relative. Still reckons they'll finish 10+ points ahead of us but said there were clearly nerves as many of the players aren't used to playing at such a big club with massive crowds and it weighed on them having gone behind so early. He tihnks the board won't have much patience with Smith if he doesn't turn it round quickly and with the likes of Mourinho and Allegri available they will move swiftly if Smith doesn't turn it around as the aim is 7th or above.

7th or above ?? Deluded idiots

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I have nothing against Aston Villa as a club in general.
There are two specific things though that have turned me against them for this season:

1. Grealish's hair
2. John Terry's personality

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
All Villa fans in midlands think that with being a "big club" and spending £150m they are now "entitled" to a top six finish

Obviously would not be very entertaining to watch above expectation unravel over course of season

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He tihnks the board won't have much patience with Smith if he doesn't turn it round quickly and with the likes of Mourinho and Allegri available they will move swiftly if Smith doesn't turn it around as the aim is 7th or above.

Mourinho or Allegri to Villa. :lol::lol::lol::lol:. :rotlf:

Deluded.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Only problem with that is that they play Palace at the Stad de Clad, in the league after Everton this week ( a tricky tie away to Crewe in the Carabao to navigate between).

Now I agree that a draw would be the best result for us, but I would love to see Palace lose at least the first 7 again.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Was seen more objectively by journalists especially the BBC.

Reporter before Villa’s first home game, “ the supporters have had to wait 1068 days (or something like that) to be back in the premier league, a painfully long time!”

What about the teams that have never been in the Prem!

Dion Dublin wittering on about how Villa being back in the Prem just feels right!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have a lot of family (born in Birmingham) who are villa fans. Sadly they all seem certain that they will not struggle and will finish around the top 10. Partly they quote Wolves last season without seemingly realising how exceptional that was. Mainly though they start with the stock phrase "we are a big/massive club......"
For the kids sake I hope they stay up (just) but I have to admit to a wry smile at the thought they might go straight back down.
Can't help thinking they've not spent entirely wisely and there's not a lot of balance in their squad.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
All Villa fans in midlands think that with being a "big club" and spending £150m they are now "entitled" to a top six finish

Obviously would not be very entertaining to watch above expectation unravel over course of season

And idiots like Dion Dublin saying how the Premier League ‘needs clubs like Villa’

Edit - just noticed Doc Lynam saying the same above!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here