Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talkshite have us down as finishing bottom

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apologies if on another thread but The Observer yesterday had their usual preseason round up by a supporter of each club in the PL with their view on their club's prospects and whom they think will be relegated. Seventeen of the 19 other clubs had Brighton as to be relegated. Only exceptions were Man City and Wolves.

Not surprised after last season and the fact that we have an untried manager.
But they will also have no idea of our new set up, our new players or the fact that we are going to actually go forward once we get into the other half, they probably know no more about Brighton than I do of most of the other clubs new signings outside of the top 6.
These things are all bullshit, even predicting how many goals we are going to score and concede.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Apologies if on another thread but The Observer yesterday had their usual preseason round up by a supporter of each club in the PL with their view on their club's prospects and whom they think will be relegated. Seventeen of the 19 other clubs had Brighton as to be relegated. Only exceptions were Man City and Wolves.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/04/premier-league-2019-20-fans-verdicts-arsenal-liverpool

Read that just now and feel a bit like I've missed something...

I'm not feeling overly optimistic but do think we'll have an okay season and stay up fairly comfortably. Is everyone else seeing something obvious without the blue and white tinted spectacles?

It is clearly the strongest league that we've been a part of, but I think we're probably better than Newcastle, Sheffield United, Villa, Norwich and Palace providing Mr Tumble goes. If Leicester pay up for Tarkowski then Burnley are due a dud season surely and there is always a surprise misfire in there somewhere.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We only have 1 RB?

Other than that, we’ve addressed the biggest weakness in our team with Maupay’s signing, and we now have a manager who will let the team try and score a goal.

I am therefore confused as to why we are amongst the favourites for the drop.

We shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Feed our 2019 results into any computer - super or otherwise - and it'll predict us miles adrift at the bottom of the table.

Apply some thought to the reality of our summer break, and you should get a different outcome.

Have 442 written us off again yet ? ???

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm much more optimistic now than before we started spending. Thought we were nailed on for relegation - now I reckon we'll be ok. Maybe 16th or 17th, but not as tight as last season.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well it is talkshite.
However, we will struggle to stay up, more edge of the seat stuff for us again.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm kind of hoping/expecting, andassuming GP rubs off well on the squad, that we'll get into the middle 8 pack . . . . . we were on the coat tails of it last season until it went tits up at Christmas. I think we have a stronger squad now and a more progressive manager.

the bottom 6 being Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, and the 3 that just came up. Wolves won't make top 10 with Euro outings as well, it hurt Burnley last season.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ridiculous putting out these predictions before squads are finalised. I know they've got pages to fill, but maybe hold off until the window has closed, then you'll potentially look less stupid come season's end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Taking a screen dump and then printing it (probably in colour) just to wrap your chips in the next day isn't very eco-friendly is it?

I think [MENTION=36353]schmunk[/MENTION] meant silicon chip.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
we were on the coat tails of it last season until it went tits up at Christmas. I think we have a stronger squad now and a more progressive manager./QUOTE]

Interestingly The Athletic had a piece yesterday about contracts etc that seemed to suggest quite a few clubs were paying 'half way point' bonuses. I.e get to 12th by Christmas and get a £x bonus. I wonder if we had that ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BBC web pages doing a similar lazy job:

Brighton and Hove Albion

Last season - 17th

This season - 18th

Brighton's dip in form that plunged them into trouble last season cost manager Chris Hughton his job and brought a new face and approach in the highly rated Graham Potter.

Leandro Trossard from Genk is part of the new look while heavy responsibility will fall on the shoulders of new central defender Adam Webster, signed from Bristol City in a club record £20m deal - especially if Lewis Dunk leaves.

Potter has many supporters and Brighton is a club to admire - but last season's decline must mean worries this time around if they do not make a good start.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
BBC web pages doing a similar lazy job:

Brighton and Hove Albion

Last season - 17th

This season - 18th

Brighton's dip in form that plunged them into trouble last season cost manager Chris Hughton his job and brought a new face and approach in the highly rated Graham Potter.

Leandro Trossard from Genk is part of the new look while heavy responsibility will fall on the shoulders of new central defender Adam Webster, signed from Bristol City in a club record £20m deal - especially if Lewis Dunk leaves.

Potter has many supporters and Brighton is a club to admire - but last season's decline must mean worries this time around if they do not make a good start.

Errr, Dunk almost certainly NOT going. Was that waffle pre-Maupay?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Errr, Dunk almost certainly NOT going. Was that waffle pre-Maupay?

I read it seconds before cutting and pasting it so it was up there today. Lazy b'stards.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This is from Foxestalk - and their first manager to be sacked thread. I think it sums up quite nicely our position in the hearts and minds of pundits and other fans...

I genuinely didn't know until now that Brighton had shifted Hughton and brought in someone else. Potter is it? Honestly, I think it speaks volumes of how anonymous BHA actually are that I have literally no idea what preparations they've made this year. The other 19, I have done, but for the Seagulls, honestly I almost forgot they were even an EPL team. Hell, I've heard more about Huddersfield's prep for their return to the second tier this summer than I have about goings on at the Amex.

They were massively treading water last year and there's no reason to suggest they won't be in and amongst the sh*t this time out either. I go for whoever Potter is.

SAC

May 21, 2014
On the BBC transfer thread.

cxthanus: My prediction is #BHAFC to finish top of the Premier League á la Leicester. All the signs are there, struggled last season, new manager, exciting attacking players, just wait and see! #bbcfootball

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here